“Great Experience”

Ranked #32 of 109 Hotels in Cape Town Central
São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
“Great Experience”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Excellent and luxurious hotel, excellent service.
Located at a walking distance from the Waterfront, Stadium and Restaurants.
Great landscape towards the port and Table Mountain.
There is a surprise when the guest first come in the hotel, must go and discover by yourself.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
TerriJabaar, Manager at Cape Royale Luxury Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Fabio,

A Great Review followed by a Great Stay - Thank you kindly.
It is so good to read reviews like this, as we pride ourselves in exceptional service levels.

May I wish you a fabulous festive season and a superb 2013.

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
durban
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My husband and I and our little boy just got back from a wonderful stay at The Cape Royale Hotel. I really wasnt put off by the Lord and Lady announcement, and think that some people are just very picky, why not just go with the flow and enjoy it! Its not really such a big deal. Before arrival we requested a room on the higher floors as suggested by other trip advisor reviewers. The Manager Terri Jabaar very kindly responded to my e-mails and we were given a lovely bright and spacious two-bedroomed suite with a full kitchen. The room was lovely and it was very handy throughout our stay to have a kitchen with microwave with a washer and dryer. This is my first holiday that on arriving home I dont have to rush and get the washing machine on. All the staff that we came into contact with were friendly and extremely helpful, to the fron desk to the porters, even those you just happened to meet walking around the hotel. The sky bar was open and you have some really outstanding views of Cape Town from the top.

I would highly recommend the room service from the 1800 Restaurant, my husband ordered steak and I had the slow roasted lamb shank, which was fabulous.Followed by Chocolate Bombe and Creme Brulee Totally worth it only 31 english pounds including Gratuity.

Some reviewers had complained about the noise, we were on the 6th floor and had a sea view, you did hear noise from the street and the disco, but it wasnt that bad. I was glad that we were high up though. I would have liked to see some information in the rooms. Some hotels have a leather bound brochure with details of the hotel, facilities times etc. I had to request a menu from the restaurant regarding room service, maybe it would be advisable to have this in the room, along with other information regarding Cape Town and trips etc. I am sure that reception would be happy to help with any enquiries but sometimes its nice to have these things in the room. I would also suggest some instructions regarding the washer/dryer, coffee maker, microwave to be available in the room itself.

All in all a lovely family holiday, and I will definately be back. Well done Cape Royale :-)

Room Tip: I would choose a higher floor due to noise from the street and the disco. Alternatively maybe a moun...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank emmadurban
Dear Lady Emma and family,

Thank you for your comments, for the great feedback you have given us and also for your recommendations. It was a pleasure to assist you with your requests.
Please be advised that we do have a guest directory with instructions included in it for the washing machine etc aswell as a menu for In Room Dining, these should have been placed in your suite. My sincere apologies that this was not made available to you. I iwll indeed follow up with my team and check the suites.

Once again thank you for your comments and may I wish you a lovely festive season and a wonderful 2013.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Amazing hotel, could not find better.

My wife and I were in Cape Town in October 2012, The Cape Royale is fantastic. The staff were friendly, the food was out of this world and our room was first class.

I have traveled all over the world and could not remember a stay in such a professional, clean and friendly environment.

Special thanks to Sedick who organised all of our day adventures and tours, you are worth your weight in gold.

From the second you walk in and the "gong" sounds you know you have found the best place in Cape Town….rivals the best in the world

We will be back

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Lord James,

What can I say but a huge THANK YOU.
This is a very special review you have given us. Your comments: professionalism, clean, friendly, the best in the world...these words just encourage us to keep doing what we do best -look after and service our very special guests to the best of our ability. From my team, Sedick and myself, thank you kindly.

Have a wonderful festive season and a fabulous 2013.
We look forward to welcoming you back.

Toronto
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We recently stayed at the Cape Royale. It has wonderfully large rooms with kitchenette. The service is great although I am not a fan of the "Lord and Lady" announcements or designation.) The hotel is very accommodating and helpful - from the room service, housekeeping, to concierge, porters and check in. Breakfast is wonderful and the location is perfect. If your looking for a sophisticated hotel with a good fitness facility, this is not it. The gym is very under-equipped. I would recommend staying there as long as they gym is not a priority.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for your great review. I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us.
Thanks also for your constructive comments regarding the Lord and Lady titles aswell as your comments regarding the gym.
Regarding the gym. we do have a limited space available at the gym, hence why we provide only the essential gym equipment. We can assist with access to a much karger gym should this service be required.

Once again thank you for your comments.

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed November 19, 2012

The Cape Royale is an excellent hotel at an excellent location in Cape Town.it is within a walkable distance from the V&A wharf (more or less 8 blocks distance) and we enjoyed the hotel very much. We were upgraded to a front view apartment with 3 bedrooms (our daughters loved it) and kitchen + washing/drying machine which came in very handy.
I suggest you bring your own plug adaptor or buy one at V&A wharf as the hotel seemed short on them...

Room Tip: Even though it faces an important avenue, it is not noisy after 10pm. of course front apartments hav...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Royal Guests,

What an excellent review. Thank you kindly. It is great to receive such positive feedback especially that your whole family had such an enjoyable stay. We pride ourselves in the highest service levels.

Thanks for your comments regarding international adaptor plugs, please be assured I have triple check stock to ensure we have sufficent plugs available for all our guests.

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Great location, clean, friendly staff and enough space in each suite to have a party. First class accommodations and when in Cape Town, we will stay there again. The morning brunch is fantastic with a great selection of fresh fruits, meats and made to order breakfast items.

Stayed November 2012
1 Thank zek7717
Dear Royal Guest,

'Home away from home' - that is great to hear. I am very pleased that you felt so comfortable and relaxed during your stay with us and that we helped you feel like you where at home.

We hope to wecome you back, one day soon :-).

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed here for one night, on 10 Nov; it was my first stay here; this is not a hotel; this is a home away from home, run by a TEAM; everyone was most welcoming and friendly, and we loved the fact that the gong and song and hand clapping announced our arrival. Smooth check in and valet parking. Unfortunately shortly after we arrived, we were involved in a car accident with another car, about 50 metres from the hotel; however, the hotel staff quickly came to assist us at the scene of the accident and escorted us back to the hotel, gave us refreshments, called the police and the car rental company, and dealt with the unpleasant bits. My 77 year old mother and 10 year old niece were particulary shaken, but the hotel and restaurant staff went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable and treated us in true Cape Royale style. Fully equipped kitchen, efficient room service. Within easy walking distance to coffee bars, restaurants and shops. We were not here long enough to make use of the spa, sky bar, swimming pool or other facilities, so cannot comment, however the 360 degree view from the sky bar is amazing. Hopefully, we' ll be back soon, to visit the TEAM.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank laura a
Dear Lady Laura,

Thank you for your kind review and comments. These are greatly appreciated. I am so pleased that no-one was injured during the accident and that your mother and niece where assisted to by our team and we managed to help calm the situation.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Cape Royale, hopefully in the not too distant future. Until then, may we wish you a fabulous festive season and all the very best for the New Year.

Terri Mallett