We usually prefer places that have a personal touch and are much smaller so the Cape Royale was a risky choice and yet we were extremely pleased and our kids loved it there. It is ideal if you start or finish off your trip there and combine a city tour with extremely spacious rooms and every comfort for the kids and yourselves. We stayed in a suite with two bedrooms. One had a view (over the new, beautiful stadium) while the smaller one had none (its window faced towards the big and well lit corridors). Both bedrooms had great bathrooms. The living room with a dining and a lounge area was extremely big - the kids could really run around there - and tastefully furnished. The kitchen was amazing with high quality facilities (everything from Siemens and brand-new). Although there was even a dish-washer, the room service regularly cleaned everything we had used. There was a washing-machine that included a drier and even the washing powder is provided.
We did not have breakfast at the hotel as it was much easier to make use of our private "dining hall" upstairs (not far from the hotel is a shopping mall). We tried the 1800 restaurant though in the evening; it was very good and they were very relaxed with the kids. The upstairs roof terrace/pool area is beautiful and has a great view. The hotel location is convenient, you can easily reach the V&A Waterfront (a two-minute drive with the hotel's complimentary shuttle service that leaves every 30 minutes and takes you to where you need to go around town. They are also prepared to pick you up in town if you call them - great service). The hotel offers parking in its garage for only R60/day or you can leave your car on a public car park (for free) opposite the hotel.
The one thing to criticize are the windows/balcony doors. Ours faced to the Main Rd that has a lot of traffic. The balcony doors (French balconies) do not shut tightly and thus the traffic noise can be heard in the bedroom facing the street. If this is something that can bother you, you should try and get a back room with mountain-view.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Luxurious All-Suite, 5-star hotel, is centrally located, within walking distance to the Cape Town stadium, V&A Waterfront and close to all popular beaches. It offers bright spacious Suites with a Juliet balcony and includes a well-equipped kitchen and large living & entertainment areas. Guests have a choice between several dining options, Wellness Centre, Fitness Centre and a rooftop Pool Bar offering views of Cape Town Harbour and Table Mountain. Ask the Cape Royale Luxury Hotel concierge team to offer suggestion on Cape Town and surround activities ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Cape Royale Luxury Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Royale Hotel Cape Town Central
- Cape Town Royale
- Hotel Cape Town
- Cape Royale Luxury Hotel Cape Town, South Africa