1,608 results
All reviewslord and ladybedroom suiteluxury hotelwasher dryerrooftop barfull kitchentravel deskgreen pointbeautiful hotelcoffee machineliving areashuttle serviceour honeymoonself cateringbreakfast was includedwaterfront areafour nights
Reviewed March 25, 2012

what a breath of fresh air. Superb establishment with attentive management and well trained staff. We really enjoyed our stay and must state that our room were fantastic and well laid out. the sky bar is a must and 1800 (restaurant) well a try. We must compliment Thomas from front office - what a gem! We will certainly return in the near future.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 23, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed for a weekend and loved the location of this hotel. The staff are very helpful and friendly. Close to the V and A with a free shuttle service which will pick you up anywhere within a five km radius.

We were kindly upgraded to a twin room on arrival which was excellent! but unfortunately had to wait for the room to become ready which deflated the surprise. The rooms are clean and massive but could be stocked with basic items. There is a fully equipped kitchen but not very useful if you only have one knife and a spoon in the cutlery draw.. not something I travel with.

The hotel has a sky bar which is basic but with superb views and a must if even for one drink.

one major downfall is the constant house keeping coming in and out to check if we had left the room.And this started from 8:30am on a weekend morning on the both mornings we were there.

Room Tip: book a room away from the main road as this can get noisy or try for floors toward the top of the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2012

I am French and I am very critical with Hotels and services...or so says my boyfriend!! Well, just let me tell you the Cape Royale was paradise on earth, a non fault Five Stars, impressive, modern, beautiful, very well located and very comfortable. We stayed in the smallest suite, as I was told, but it was a huge top luxury apartment with 2 ensuite double bedrooms, 1 full equiped separated kitchen, a big balcony and a massive living/dining room. I was over the mmon as everything was just perfect, the furniture was design modern but very luxurious. The 2 bedrooms were perfect, from the wardrobes, to the quality and size of the doible beds, both had ensuite marvelous bathrooms: one with a waterfall shower, the other with a big and beautiful bath. BAthrooms had it all, all beauty complimentary shampoos, creams, etc... I won't go through every single detail I found in the suite as the list would be long but exepect to find it all, all, all. I was told on the top floor there are pent houses with 5 bedrooms and private swimming pools. The breakfast is a must!! delicious selection of all sort of hand-made cakes, pastries, mermalades... cooked breakfast, all sorts of ham, cheese, salmon and delicious tropical juices... it was one of the finest breakfast I ever had, delicieux!!!! The service was perfect, we had welkoming drinks on arrival and room service was discret and efficient! YOU MUST try the sushi on the top roof bar for lunch, OH MY GOD! Just combine the views of the harbour and the mountains from the roof, with the delightful sunshine by the pool with some chill out ambience music and the best sushis ever, with the best fresh fish on the planet. The local chef was very nice, helpful and.. he knew his job!! please don't miss it. Some drinks after the sunset are also a pleasure on the top roof. The only default I would point out is the size of the swimming pool. It is a massive hotel but the pool is not even the size of a boutique hotel's pool. It is nice on the roof top, with a cascade on the side but if there is more than 5 people around the pool you feel already incofomfortable: not enough sun beds and not real separation in between the bar/restaurant area and the sunbeds area. The rest is perfect. The location is fantastic, not even 5 mins walk from the vibrant waterfront and just by the new football stadium!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CristinaClara
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Let me qualify this review by saying that we stayed at the Cape Royale after staying at Lion Sands 1933 and that was a really tough act to follow. Its likely that most places would pale in comparison so you might find this review to be slightly nitpicky.

What did we like?
The room. The living room was massive and done tastefully. Lots of daylight and good amenities.
The concierge. Excellent helpful service. He recommended some outstanding restaurants to us and was always available with a pleasant smile.
The free shuttle service. Luxury cars and top hatted drivers drove you around for free within a 5 km radius.
Service. Right from the doorman to the porter to the restaurant waiters/waitresses - everyone was ever smiling and cheerful.
Location - A short 5 minute walk to the Waterfront (in daylight hours only) or a quick 5 minute drive.

What we didn't like?
The bedrooms were a tad small. Felt like we were bumping into each other all the time
Lack of planning in some areas - like no plug points in the bathroom or near a mirror. I realize that this might only be a concern for us women but I can't even begin to tell you how complicated it was for me to dry my hair and access a mirror at the same time!
Stinginess in some areas - one tiny bottle of water provided in the room per person per day. I'm sure it wouldn't break their back to be a little more generous about this
Housekeeping was quite intrusive. They would show up for the turn down service at 4 in the afternoon?!! Who turns down the rooms for the night that early? We're still taking an afternoon nap at that time.

To conclude - would we stay at the Cape Royale again? Probably.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Can't fault the hotel at all. Great location. Spotlessly clean room & very helpful staff.
The rooftop pool is great, amazing views, great breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2012