1,608 results
All reviewslord and ladybedroom suiteluxury hotelwasher dryerrooftop barfull kitchentravel deskgreen pointbeautiful hotelliving areashuttle serviceour honeymoonself cateringbreakfast was includedwaterfront areafour nightstable mountain
Reviewed September 15, 2011

This is a very nicely appointed hotel. The staff was very helpful and friendly, especially Thomas, Angie, our concierge (sorry, I've forgotten his name), Stanley (one of the shuttle drivers) and the wait staff in the dining room. The suite was like an apartment with a very large living area. Our room did not have a bathtub but the other room did, so we shared. Housekeeping staff were very nice about bringing up anything we needed (pots, corkscrew, extra towels). We were a little baffled by the fact that housekeeping replaced our towels every day, even though we left a note not to replace them, but this was minor. Everything was very clean. The breakfast buffet was excellent and so were the things we got from the restaurant. We did not have a problem with noise. The rooftop pool deck is lovely, although the pool itself is too cold to use at this time of the year. Beautiful views of the city and Table Mountain.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less club noise. Be sure to ask for a tub if you want one.
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The pros: Friendly service and comfortable and very spacious room with kitchen and washer dryer (an all-in-one that's a bit complicated but it did do the job)--great if you are on an extended trip. Comfortable bed and linens. In-room safe which I recommend you use as there was a theft in our group--not unusual in any large city needless to say.. Incredible gourmet breakfast buffet every morning with everything from omelettes and freshly baked pastries and muffins to champagne and fresh fruit platters, cereals, sauteed mushrooms and sausages etc... Great location within walking distance of V&A waterfront, Long Street, Botanical Garden. Small but workable workout room.

The cons: no bathtub in our room but some do have. More importantly, ran out of hot water more than once! Too busy to complain to the hotel so I can't say if there was a solution to be had.

Room Tip: If you want a bath tub request a room with one when reserving.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
TerriMallett, Manager at The Cape Royale, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to post these comments about our hotel here on Trip Advisor. We are pleased to note such an enjoyable stay.
Please be assured that your comments regarding the hot water are being investigated. This is not common practice and we will endeavour to find a soloution to the problem.

Once again, we thank you for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back to Cape Royale Luxury Hotel and Spa.

Kinds Regards

Reviewed September 11, 2011

staff was incomparable....hospitable, accessible, and agreeable. The hotel itself is well located near the waterfront, and across from the soccer stadium. The rooms are huge and well appointed. Would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
TerriMallett, Manager at The Cape Royale, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely comments. They are very warmly received and greatly appreciated.
We hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed September 11, 2011

If the Five STAR LUXURY stay is what you want and your sleep is important as part of the luxury then, this is not the hotel to book into as we experienced on the first week of September 2011.
The front suites of the hotel building are shared with a loud nightclub area, making your stay very uncomfortable with the present price tag sold as a luxury 5 star hotel - (LUXURY DEFINTLY NOT!).
Once in the past it was the representation of their brochure but no longer. The management should sale their packages as a club hotel instead. The new experience provided is not even mentioned on their brochure. Their profile hides the fact of a loud nightclub named ZAR who attracts a different clientele to the concept of luxury hotel....
The Cape Royale Hotel will soon be past its sale by date if it encourages the club noise versus its hotel guest who so mush deserve a peaceful sleep. The Cape Royal hotel will have limeted future if this is the way forward in the guest treatment and care.
Why book into LUXURY if that is so far from the total comfort and a good night’s sleep. Noise created by the clubbing culture will now force me and my discerning guest to stay elsewhere when visiting Cape Town. Even when it presents itself in one of the most amazing location in the world, the furnishing are amazing and so is the rest of the elegant make-up but staff are unable to address the problem of noise even after been contact a number of times in the course of the night and dawn. M y rating is simply to advice you to stay elsewhere for a good rest. As for my IBIZA trip it was long forgotten as I did it in my early 30s…

This hotel fails to control the noise and disturbance at night, the brochure fails to mention the night-club at the hotel’s front, it’s a misleading profile to any paying guest and we don’t like it.

One wants a place to be home away from home and when choosing a club hotel I would be elsewhere like IBIZA, Ios, Mykonos or Santorini for club bliss.
So when the front desk can't manage to address the unwanted noise then its time to book elsewhere in future.
The not very HAPPY WORLD CLASS TRAVELLER. Good Night!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Ric-travel31

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to bring to our attention the details of your recent stay with us. However, please may I ask that you contact me directly at the hotel in order to address in full.

I am sorry that your expectations were not met on this occasion. Our guest feedback is one way we can ensure we have achieved our aim, and address anything we can alter to meet, if not exceed expectations of all guests. Please be assured that it is indeed our aim to provide all our guets with a 'Luxury Stay'. Should we fail to deliver this promise on certain aspects, we will do our utmost and endevour to rectify any and all issues immediately. My apologies that on this occassion it appears this did not occur.

I am disheartened that a favorable impression of Cape Royale Luxury Hotel and Spa is no longer held upon your departure and I appeal to you to contact me at the hotel. I can be contacted either directly at the hotel by telephone or via email.

Reviewed September 10, 2011

What a wonderful week I had here. My suite was spacious, clean, cheerful, well-appointed ... the hotel was well-located, a mere stroll to the waterfront ... the staff were warm, helpful, and friendly. I loved it! Thank you!

Room Tip: View of the water is lovely!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. It is a pleasure to receive such feedback and to note you had such an enjoyable stay with us. Please be assured that I will communitctae this with all of our team.