“An excellent place to stay in Cape Town”
Review of Cape Diem Lodge

Cape Diem Lodge
Ranked #37 of 156 Cape Town Central B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Great location close to the V&A waterfront, beautiful décor, free Wifi, large and clean rooms, coffee machine in the room, great breakfast to start the day and the personal attention by Alexandra and her staff. Would recommend highly. Below the Table mountain.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
DBalbach, Owner at Cape Diem Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Thank you so much to both of you for your wonderful comments!

We are so happy that you had a wonderful time with us.

We certainly would like to see you again in the future and wish you lots of happiness and sunny days back home in Malta.

Warm regards from the Cape Diem Management and Team

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Our first 5 nights in Africa were spent at this charming hotel. Not only was it well placed just an easy walk from the Waterfront but it was a home away from home. Friendly staff, clean rooms, superb decor, excellent breakfast, tea and coffee anytime. We hired a car which we could park outside with ease.
Alexandra and Daniel were amazingly helpful and it was hard to say goodbye. Excellent value for money so we would recommend this hotel very highly.

Room Tip: There are only 5 rooms and the owners selected the last on the laft as you walk in. This was excelle...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

To our Australian friends,

thank you very much for your review !

We really enjoyed your company and hope that you had a very special time with the guerrillas after your stay with us!

We would like to welcome you back any time.

Warm regards

The Cape Diem Lodge Management and Team

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights. Good breakfast, very good location: a few minutes from the Waterfront and close to the Table Mountain! Very nice and helpful staff members! I would recommend this hotel for sure! Also free wifi!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Angelo G

Thank you for your review!

We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and hope that in the future we can book your stay longer....

Kind regards

Your Cape Diem Lodge Team and Management

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I stayed at the Cape Diem Lodge for two nights and found it a lovely, quiet hotel in a very good location. 15 minutes walk got you to the Waterfront and an equally simple walk took you into the city centre. Parking was very easy opposite the hotel and although just off the main road there was very little noise. The interior of the hotel was well appointed and had a welcoming & homely atmosphere. The rooms were equally lovely with plenty of space and everything you'd need.
Breakfast was more than adequate with a good selection of self serve options plus a choice of something cooked if required. The staff were attentive, friendly and chatty and made my stay very enjoyable. The garden and pool were kept immaculate which was a lovely outlook when having breakfast.
I would stay here again without hesitation :)

Room Tip: One or maybe two of the rooms overlook the garden and patio where breakfast is served. If you plan o...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I have mixed feelings because while it is a very modern guest house in a decent area, I wasn't totally comfortable there. It is a converted house which is wonderful, but I didn't feel I had much privacy as sounds carried easily.

I had a good experience where I accidentally left something behind in my room and Daniel made sure it got delivered to me as soon as humanly possibly at one of my next stops. however, I had a bad experience as well.

The manager was to give me a ride to the airport for an 8 AM flight on the day I left. I mentioned several times both the night before and the morning of my departure to the manager and staff members that I had this flight as I was concerned about the manager not even arriving at work until between 7-7:15 AM and I was worried that I wouldn't have enough time. I even mentioned that here in the USA it is standard policy to be at the airport an hour before a domestic flight. Everyone said not to worry and that I would have plenty of time.

My worst fear was realized as we didn't even leave the guest house until 7:15 AM. I got to the airport to find they had closed the gate and I was too late to take my flight. After paying a change ticket fee, they found me a seat on a flight an hour and a half later. Fortunately the rest of my birthday worked out okay, but I was very upset because I had done my best to avoid missing my flight and still did so.

If I ever stay here again, I would make outside arrangements to ensure I get to the airport on time. The breakfast was nice with a great range of offerngs The option of bathtub or shower was nice also.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
DBalbach, Manager at Cape Diem Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Thank you for your review !

We apologize sincerely with regards to the missed flight .

We offer transfers to and from the airport and always make sure that our guests are picked up and dropped off timeously.

There was a big misunderstanding with your flight and we are truly sorry for you to have missed your flight on your birthday.

Should you come back to Cape Town and to Cape Diem Lodge, we will be 200% sure that you receive on-time, complementary transfers on us.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

This guest house is very well located because on the one hand it's in a quiet street and on the other hand close to the Waterfront and the City Center.
The staff is extraordinarily friendly and helpful in giving advise or recommendations.
The interior of the Lodge is very classy and you can definitely see that Daniel (owner) put a lot of effort in creating this house into a cosy and homey place!
I would definitely come back to this wonderful Lodge and recommend it without limitation!

Room Tip: Let them reserve a table for you at "Beluga restaurant" which is in walking distance. Grea...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Very modern and tidy rooms, bathroom and bedroom connected as one, DVD player with lots of movies to choose from!
Excellent service.
The pool is nice. The location is very good, close to restaurants, pubs, the lighthouse and the V&A waterfront. Small and quiet street with no disturbances. Close to the Green Point Park.

• Stayed: April 2013
Villa Zest Boutique Hotel
Villa Zest Boutique Hotel
#27 of 110 in Cape Town Central
Bluegum Hill Guest House and Apartments
Bluegum Hill Guest House and Apa...
#7 of 156 in Cape Town Central

Been to Cape Diem Lodge? Share your experiences!