“Excellent Food”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We were on our honeymoon in Cape Town and thought to have a romantic dinner at the highly recommend Aubergine. The food was excellent and so delicious! The atmosphere is very romantic and they offer a tasting menu though we went with the specials. This was fine dinning with a slightly laid back feeling.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Each year when visiting Cape Town my wife and I book a table at Aubergine and it just gets better and better. Harald Bresselschmidt is an outstanding chef and he has a superb tasting and a la carte menu. The wine list is extensive but fortunately there is an excellent helpful sommelier to advise on appropriate choices to accompany your chosen food. The cuisine is of the highest standard and amongst the best we have ever enjoyed. For us no trip to Cape Town would be complete without this fine dining experience.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

we spent four days in Cape Town...this was my favorite restaurant - the food, service and ambiance were all outstanding

Reviewed November 29, 2012

My partner and I wanted to splurge for a fabulous evening out, and we got it. Our innkeeper got us a reservation and we were very thankful. We tried the 5 course prix-fixe tasting menu with wine pairings, and it was truly excellent. Our server was very nice and extremely knowledgeable. We actually just let him guide us through our dinner, selecting our food and wine. It really was the best meal we've ever had.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

My husband and I visited this nicely decorated mid town restaurant with no expectations, except that we'd heard it was good. GOOD?? GOOD? It was absolutely superb!

Firstly, as in all the restaurants in which we've eaten, the service was excellent and our server was both friendly and knowledgable about the thankfully small and interesting variety of food on the easy to understand menu.

A delicious amuse bouche whetted our already ravenous appetites, before bringing our amazing starters, followed by the stunning Trio of Lamb mains which gave me a problem. The flavours were so yummy....what, on my plate, did I want to finish eating last so I would be left with that particular lingering lasting taste in my mouth? If I could have licked the plate, trust me, I would have!

Aubergine will definitely be on our list to re-visit next year and I advise anyone who wants a casual and classy dinner out to give this a try.

EXCELLENT evening! Thank you.