1,289 results
All reviews sea point gay friendly hotel the penthouse pool area nespresso machine welcome drink car hire special thanks the general manager hotel is beautiful our honeymoon cape point breakfast was amazing camps bay standard room wonderful stay breakfast buffet is
Selected filters
Reviewed February 17, 2019 via mobile

The Glen in Cape Town is a place to stay more than just a few days. The staff, the rooms, the whole area and the hotel itself build a perfect harmony where you feel at home far away from home.

I stayed more than a month in South Africa and can say it’s the best hotel I stayed on this trip and maybe the best I stayed ever. From Check-In to Check-Out everything worked smooth and always with smile on.

The breakfast is fantastic, they offer a big buffet with everything from cereals to fresh bread, yogurt, fruits and more. In Addition they serve you complimentary à la Carte meals like eggs bénédict, french toast, waffels or crépes.

The service in the restaurant is great and the offered meals are good. Money for value is good, not cheap but good.

I will definitely stay again at this wonderful place. Thanks to Mark and his great team for pampering me during my stay.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed February 17, 2019

Immediately at the beginning my wife and I received a friendly welcome and afterwards we could also experience the fantastic and generous service that Mark and all the Glen team can offer.
surely at the next visit to Capetown we will return to this hotel where we feel we have left some dear friends.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed February 14, 2019

Had the absolute best massage and treatment on January 23. My husband and I had the Tour of Africa treatment at the Spa which included a full body scrub, mask, steam/shower and ended with a massage. It was absolutely heavenly with candles lit in the treatment room and then got to relax with a bottle of champagne (South African sparkling wine) and a box of chocolates at the restaurant (or choice by the pool). We decided to have lunch and had the grilled calamari and a pizza, both of which were delicious. The chef came out to ask how our meal was which was such a nice touch at the end. All of the staff here were wonderful despite our short visit (we didn't stay at the hotel) but would certainly if we visit SA again.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2019 via mobile

Mark and team thank you so much again for a brilliant stay. I cannot thank your lovely staff enough, they are so delightful it feels like a big family. Love the food, breakfast and my suite was divine. That’s going to be my favourite now! Already planning next year!

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed February 11, 2019 via mobile

Hotel was very trendy. But lack of soundproofing in our first room meant we couldn’t sleep for the first night. Staff dealt with this very well and we were moved to a quieter and nicer room for the rest of our stay. Staff are very nice and friendly. Free car park is secured. We enjoyed fresh and healthy juices for breakfast.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Y8579SQmarkm, Owner at Glen Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2019

Dear ch0nghuik ,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay and the service and breakfast received .

Safe onward travels ,