Glen Boutique Hotel & Spa
Taj Cape Town(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$168
$146
Hotels.com
$115
Protea Hotels
  • Restaurant
Cape Heritage Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$118
$110
  • Breakfast included
$183
  • Pool
Hilton Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$125
$114
Hilton
  • Pool
Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel(Cape Town Central)
$738
$418
Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
$240
One&Only Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
$653
  • Breakfast included
The Commodore(Cape Town Central)
$190
$150
Agoda.com
Cape Grace(Cape Town Central)
$538
$427
Agoda.com
1,151 results
All reviewssea pointgay friendly hotelthe penthousepool areawelcome drinknespresso machinecar hirespecial thanksthe general managerhotel is beautifulcape pointour honeymooncamps baybreakfast was amazinghot breakfaststandard roomwonderful stay
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stayed two years ago at Glen Boutique Hotel and really enjoyed it. This time again my boyfriend and I have not been disappointed !!! What a great gay hotel.
Everything is outstanding : amazing service, great location, neat decoration and most comfortable bedrooms.
I particularly enjoy taking the breakfast on the patio.
The atmosphere is very relax and friendly. It is very easy to make friends with other guys.
The staff is always very helpful and friendly.
This is for sure my best address in Capetown. I cannot imagine going in Capetown to any other place ! I would even fly all the way to Capetown just to enjoy the experience.

1  Thank Dadx
Reviewed March 5, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Glen for 4 nights during our time in Cape Town and found it a wonderful, charming, delightful place to stay. It's in a great location and all of the staff are very helpful and friendly, even so much as to give my boyfriend and I a ride to our dinner place when there were no taxi's available one evening! Honestly they couldn't have done more in recommending places to go and things to do. The breakfast options are wonderful and I had something different everyday, which was a real treat! Although my boyfriend and I are a straight couple we had a wonderful time and were made to feel very welcome. I would for sure stay here again on my next trip to Cape Town.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kate W
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We have decided to book this hotel for only one night (unfortunately) at the last night of our trip to Cape town, after we discovered it through a pride pool party being held in the property.

Even though we were staying for two days only, this homely and stylish boutique hotel has left a really big impression on us.
The staff was surprisingly friendly, nice and welcoming- from the guys who serve the food and drinks to the owner himself.
The deluxe rooms a real indulgence and overall a relaxing, chilled vibe all around.
The breakfast and bar food was satisfactory,
however the food was sometimes too salty for us.

Location wise,
the hotel is on a small side street, hence very quiet during the day and night, but still close to the main street and beach.
Green mountains surrounding it, making a beautiful scenery to complete the package.

Highly recommended !

(From the 3 Israeli guys) ;-)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Coby C
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I've stayed at the Glen Boutique Hotel on a few occasions now and really like the property. I do however feel that they have recently let themselves down in numerous areas.

The product as a whole is very good, the let downs are mainly down to the inconstancies in the execution of services offered.

Breakfast is included in the room rates, with a good selection of continental fare, and the choice of ordering a hot breakfast. During my stay I ordered same hot breakfast every day. Not once over seven days did I receive the same breakfast. In broad terms it was fine, but streaky bacon the one day, back bacon the next. Sometimes with toast, sometimes without. sometimes the bacon was crispy, sometimes it was hardly cooked.

From the bar it wasn't much better. No consistency in presentation of drink, different glasses, sometimes with ice, sometimes without. sometimes with garnish, sometimes without.

Adjoining the pool is a jacuzzi that is emptied every night, but then only filled at various times the next morning. Sometimes at 8am, sometimes at 12 noon. Inevitable if it only happens at noon, it means who ever is on loungers adjoining the jacuzzi needs to move. In itself, moving is not an issue, but surely things like this should be done at a time when it does not impact your guests.

During my stay the hotel was also used for a wedding. In my opinion, a hotel of this should not host wedding receptions unless the wedding party have booked the whole hotel. The whole of the patio area was used for the wedding party on a Saturday afternoon. Not ideal if you want to spend a relaxing afternoon at your hotels pool. The wedding also seriously effected speed of service from the bar and the kitchen.

The following Saturday, the hotel hosted an annual pre-pride pool party. Great idea, lots of locals in attendance, DJ playing, drinks special, food specials, etc. Unfortunately the bar did not seem prepared for the volume of people. At times there was a 20 minute wait at the bar for drinks. Casual staff, brought in for the day not knowing how to make specific drinks(that were on promotion), the list goes on. Once again, a good idea, with poor execution.

This hotel has the potential to be great, but some serious training needs to be done across all areas of front of house.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new building.
1  Thank TrstnL
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed at the Glen Hotel as a mini break within a week's holiday to Cape Town. Right from the start, the service was impeccable, with e-mails asking if we wanted pick-up from the airport. On our arrival, we were given welcome drinks and the staff were extremely friendly, despite us rushing to get to Kirstenbosch for the Open Air cinema.

The rooms are clean and a good size, the walk-in shower fantastic and the breakfast was excellent - both continental and cooked (included in booking).

The hotel staff bend over backwards to make sure you have a great stay. From the reception staff to the barman (who makes a mean Negroni despite never having made one before), everyone was very friendly. Special mention has to go to Phil, the manager, who drove us all the way across town to make our dinner reservations as the taxi was delayed. He was personable and friendly, a perfect host.

Overall, a great stay in a lovely boutique hotel. Can't wait to be back!

1  Thank Matthew M