We spent 3 nights in this hotel in early July 2014 and had nothing but good experiences. The staff on the reception desk were friendly, helpful and efficient and always happy to help. We arrived at approximately 10am (4 hours before standard check-in opens) after travelling for 30+ hours and we're expecting to drop our bags and have to wait until our room was available. The reception staff informed us that our room was already available and we could go straight up.
The rooms are comfortable, and compact. Nothing extravagant, but very tidy and well maintained. Although there are no bar fridges in the rooms, the hotel staff are happy to store items you may need refrigerated (in my case medicine) in their dining room fridge behind the bar.
Wi-fi internet is complimentary to guests and this is a great added bonus for a 3-star hotel. If there was one complaint, it would be that the wi-fi login was quite temperamental and unless you actively log-off each time you switch off your mobile device the wi-fi would block you out as you can not log-on more than once. This meant if you just closed down your mobile device without actively selecting the log-off button you would have to reset your connection each time. By the end of our stay we had the process worked out, but it did seem a little cumbersome.
The breakfast selection was good and you will not go hungry at breakfast here! The hotel's location is tucked away in a pedestrian mall, but if you google maps the location before arriving it is easy enough to find. We had no real issues finding the hotel having spent time on-line in advance finding the location.
The hotel is located in central Cape Town and there are a number of dining and shopping options all within walking distance.
All in all, we were very impressed with this hotel, the staff and the location, given this is only a 3-star rated hotel. It is not an opulent hotel, but if you want a clean, comfortable and value for money hotel in down town Cape Town the Holiday Inn express is for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre. This hotel is ideally located in the centre of Cape Town, South Africa. The hotel offers convenience for business and leisure travellers with easy access to highways and being in close proximity from the world renowned Victoria & Alfred Waterfront Shopping Centre. The hotel overlooks the majestic Table Mountain. Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre features 173 contemporary style bedrooms individually airconditioned, offering guests a comfortable, warm and friendly stay. All rooms have en-suite facilities, power shower, direct dial telephones, work stations, safety deposit boxes, hairdryers, tea/coffee making facilities and televisions. WI FI in all rooms and public areas. Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre is committed to offering guests the best product combining convenience of location with the quality and value for which Holiday Inn Express is famous for throughout the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre Hotel Cape Town Central
- Holiday Inn Cape Town
- Cape Town Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre South Africa