“Great Location”

Ranked #46 of 109 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great Location”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Value for money- Good hotel and very helpful staff. The central location makes it a good choice. Approximately 5 minutes from Long street famous for good restaurants and great night clubs ;), 20 minutes to Table mountation, V&A waterfront. People are worried about safety in SA but trust me the area is very safe.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank kartik02
GeneralManager32, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you very much for your wonderful review of our hotel. It is always gratifying to receive such positive feedback from our loyal customers. It is the aim of every team member at Holiday Inn Express Cape Town to make each person's stay enjoyable and memorable. I was especially pleased to learn that you found the access to facilities in the area easy to reach.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Holiday Inn was one of the most sensible places to stay in Cape Town. It was an ideal combination of a decent hotel and at a more so decent price. The hotel is extremely well connected and is close to the Waterfront at Cape Town. Me and my husband dont mind walking and we would walk for 10mins to the Waterfront.
The hotel is just next to Taj, Cape Twon which gave us easy access to great Indian food!
In december, the road in front of the hotel had artisans displaying their wares. The evenning market was walking distance and so was the "Eastern Bazaar" - a delicious food joint serving some of the best food!

Room Tip: Try to select a room on the higher floors
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for your write up on our Hotel. We are so pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us and certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.
Sunderland
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I use this group a lot and can say this is a great place. Sometimes with an Express anywhere in the world they can be remote or not in the best area. My first trip to SA and with all the reported issues, I was sceptical. No need to be. Its in great downtown plsce too. About 3 mins from Long Street.

Its like any big city, just on a small scale. Security is everywhere. If on your own keep your wits about you. Large groups will be fine. Simple as that. V & A waterfront safe. Beautiful scenery everywhere and fantastic value also. The £ goes a long way.

Special mention for all staff. All were superb.

Good luck in the AFCON but after the Norway game I watched at the bar with some staff I cant see them going far in the tournament. Why the Cape Town stadium isn't being used is beyond me.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank ChipoSticko
We truly value our guest feedback and we are pleased to see that you had a comfortable stay with us during your trip to Cape Town. We are very conveniently located to many tourist attractions within the City Centre.
Our Team takes great pride in ensuring that our guests feel welcome at the Hotel and I am glad that you made reference to the friendless of our team. I will definitely pass on your feedback to them.
Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.
Harare, Zimbabwe
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Rooms are quite small and not very modern.its far from the beach and water front , I guess its more of a business hotel than for holiday , if I go back to cape town ill opt for a hotel more nearer to the beach with some ocean views

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Carolmm1
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our Hotel. It is our goal to constantly provide superior service and accommodations to our guests. I am most dissappointed that we didn't meet your requirements.
We value you as a customer and know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose the Holiday Inn Express for your future travel needs.
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

It is superbly located near downtown attractions, you can walk to most of them from the hotel. Only needed to get a cab to the Waterfront (60 rands) and Table Mountain (60 rands).
The staff is very good, as it is the breakfast . At night it looks not that safe if you get more than 3 blocks away, but you can find some good restaurants within this distance.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank GlobGoing
GeneralManager32, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel during your recent stay. I was pleased to note that overall you found everything to be in order and that you found the convenience of the hotel an advantage.
I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to our hotel again in the future.
Cape Town, South Africa
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stayed one night in this hotel. I was seriously happy to leave. We booked a non smoking room and when we arrived we had a smoking room. The room was smelly, the carpets dirty and really and the room was really old. Breakfast was terrible. The service was below average. The only thing going for this hotel was that it is central, but so is a lot of other hotels in the area where you will have a much better experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RenaChristo
Thank you for your review of our hotel recently. I was disappointed to learn of your experience and I can assure you that the necessary action will be taken to rectify the problems that you encountered. It is our aim to ensure a memorable and seamless stay for all our guests and the experience that you had of the hotel is certainly not what the hotel is known for. My sincere apologies for the areas where we have let you down.
We do hope to be of service to you in the future.
cincinnati
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Hotel is well staffed and has a small bar. Breakfast was very good! On the first morning, somewhat jet lagged I did not set my clock properly and missed breakfast by about an hour, instead of simply turning me away "the buffet at this point was taken down" they offered to make me a plate and brought me breakfast. It's an easy location and has a lot near by. I did not have a car so can't comment on that. I did my touring using the "on and off bus tour" it stops near by. I'm loyal to their award program so IC Properties tend to be my first choice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel during your recent stay. We were delighted that all services met your needs and that you found everything to be satisfactory. Our location is superb for both Leisure and Business guests and many guests comment on the convenience to the local tourist attractions as well as corporate offices. I was so pleased to learn that our team extended a late breakfast offering to you, our valued Priority Club member and will pass on your thanks to them.
Hope to see you soon