“The best steak in Cape Town”

The Hussar Grill Mouille Point
Ranked #28 of 1,185 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The original Hussar Grill in Rondebosch first opened its legendary brass doors in 1964 and today, after 50 years of excellence, it is regarded as one of South Africa's premier grillrooms. We go to endless lengths every day to maintain our multiple award-winning reputation by ensuring that we only purchase the finest and best quality produce available.
Reviewed March 2, 2014

While on holiday in Cape Town we were recommended Hussar's Grill. We were not disappointed. The fillet steak was the best I have ever eaten! The service was excellent and the atmosphere was perfect. Thank you for a wonderful evening. I wish we had found you sooner.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

On our first trip to Cape Town, our son said we would like this restaurant and he was right. The food, particularly the steaks were excellent and there was a good choice of wines at reasonable prices. Make a reservation if you want to eat here.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I went on Hussar Grill Greenpoint at Cape Town, hoping that I would find the same great quality and taste in food I found in Hussar Grill Stellembosch just 1 week prior. Big mistake!!! This Restaurants just have the same name and same menu, but not the same food quality. While in Stellembosch everything was great, on the Hussar Grill Greepoint only the tomato soup, I ordered as start, was good. I Ordered a medium rare Sirloin with Bernaise sauce on the side, and creamed spinach. The only good thing was the point of the meat, that was right. The meat itself came without salt and taste, and the Bernaise sauce was really not good. The creamed spinach was not good too (at Stellembosch Hussar Grill I had the best Bernaise sauce and Spinach cream I ever had). The chicken that my wife orderer, identical (on menu) to what she had in the Stellembosch, was not good too, without salt and with the mustard just average. Would not recommend this restaurant. The Hussar Grill Stelembosch is much better.

1  Thank rcrlacerda
Ashley B, Manager at The Hussar Grill Mouille Point, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Good evening,

I am very sorry to hear about your recent poor experience at our restaurant. Could you please contact me at hussargrillgp@telkomsa.net so we may discuss the matter further?

Regards,
Ashley

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Stayed at Camps Bay for 5 days and had 2 evening meals there which was well cooked and reasonable price. Would certainly recommend it. Reservations are advisable.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

We were looking for a good place to eat, when my friends (locals) recommended the place as having the best steaks in Cape Town. They were correct! We found the place, a little hard to find at first (its on the main road and is tucked in between many other buildings), but we were determined, and we found it.
Excellent fillets and steaks, delicious vegetables, and a lovely and original deco & ambiente!
There is also a corkage fee (which means one can bring ones own wine)
The food was soooo delicious, that we went back the following day.