We had a standard studio called 'Copacabana' in the Beach Studios block. It was one of the ground floor rooms opening out onto the poolside, close to the reception. I'd highly recommend these particular units - we had no problems with traffic or noise from nearby bars that other reviewers have mentioned. Our room did not have an updated bathroom unlike the other ground floor rooms opening on to the poolside, but it was a great size with all we needed, a fantastic bed, and it was clean. Only criticism I have was that housekeeping leave all the lights and TVs on for late night arrivals which seems unnecessary, and on our final night the adjacent room's TV was on really loud all night as the people who were taking the room hadn't arrived.
The breakfast provided was actually at a close-by cafe with views of the ocean because it was the off season I think. Breakfast could be taken between 7am and 1pm and was good but there wasn't really a healthy/ light option (full english, omelette or muffin with tea/coffee).
The reception were really helpful at all times with booking activities, sorting out any issues with the room etc etc. Parking can be reserved for an additional R50pn which is reasonable, and they have a selection of alcoholic drinks available for a reasonable price (these services weren't advertised, so just ask at reception).
We got a fantastic rate through Expedia - 4 nights for c£100 total incl. breakfast in May, which made Camps Bay Resort ridiculously good value for money! We'd have happily stayed there for twice the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set against the backdrop of the Twelve Apostles Mountain Range and a stones throw from the most beautiful beaches in Cape Town, Camps Bay Resort is perfectly located for your dream holiday in this idyllic location. Within walking distance from an abundance of day and night activities, cafe's, sundowner spots, cocktail venues, fantastic restaurants and places to be seen, staying at Camps Bay Resort is both fun and convenient. A favourite pastime at Camps Bay Resort is to soak up the sun at the two swimming pools located on the property. Boasting a selection of 47 rooms, studios and apartments which are serviced and immaculately prepared, you'll find the perfect accommodation for your needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and HostelWorld so you can book your Camps Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camps Bay Hotel Camps Bay
- Camps Bay Resort Cape Town, South Africa