We booked the place because of the location and the good ratings. But we were more than disappointed. Yes, the view is awesome. You might rarely get a better view in Camps Bay than at this place. But this is, when it stops with the positive things. We booked the penthouse suite for USD 499/night. What did we get:
- one large room with own balcony
- no expresso machine in the room, but you get charged 4,50 Euros per double espresso.
- the room wasn't ready when we arrived at 2 pm (actually we arrived at 1:15m, but were told it would be ready at 2, which it wasn't)
- but most disgusting was the bath room. When I showered I recognized that it wasn't really cleaned while I found hairs from other persons (see picture). I asked to talk to someone from the management, but no one showed up ever
- while we got the house tour by one guy another one walked into the room, asked me to sign something and than told us the "non-smoking" policy and that we have to close the door if we smoke otherwise it would cost 5000 Rand. Very rude.
The hotel considers itself as a 5* hotel. While we stayed in a few 5* hotels in SA this time, this was the worsed.
Would I stay there again? No. Would i recommend it? No. It is worth the money? No.More
- Free Wifi
- Free parking