“Excellent Hotel”

Atlanticview Cape Town Boutique Hotel
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Camps Bay
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I have always used Tripadvisor to find hotels, however, selfishly of me I never logged in to review them! Upon leaving Atlanticview I knew that I had to review it as I enjoyed my stay here so much.

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights during our fantastic Honeymoon, and out of all the great hotels we stayed in our time in Atlanticview was the most special. The location was great, a nice 20 minute walk downhill to the beach or a 3 minute drive (about €5 in a taxi), the views from the hotel were absolutely stunning, and the staff in the hotel could not be more helpful - both my wife and I feel so lucky to have found and spent some time in Atlanticview.

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough - the other reviews rating the Atlanticview as Excellent are spot on!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JHdave
GregBLondon, Owner at Atlanticview Cape Town Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Hi JHD,

Thank you for staying with us staying with us last month. We are so happy that you enjoyed your honeymoon with us and that you were so moved by the experience as our guests that you wanted to write about it. Its all about romantic lighting, setting, position and customer service with a fine focus on detail. I feel when our guests write about their honeymoon experience like you have that we (my team and I) have completed the job we set out to do. Congratulations to you both from all of us at Atlanticview Cape Town Boutique Hotel.

Greg and the Atlanticview Team

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I had chosen this hotel (it is in reality a bed & breakfast place) due to all the excellent ratings. But unfortunately, the price is much to high for that what you get. The rooms a really nicely decorated but rather small. The breakfast is good but you have to eat what the boss has created, no exceptions please. Greg, the boss of the this five star hotel (without a restaurant and real bar) does not accept any critism. Complaints are not accepted by the hotel management. If you do not like what you get there, you have to leave or at least you are asked never to come back again. This behaviour is not professional. If I had known it before, I would not have chosen this place.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
8  Thank Hotelbewerter12
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I had built up such high expectations of your beautiful hotel that I had prepared myself to be slightly dissapointed as nothing could be "that good", but it was and it exceeded my expectations and we have been lucky enough to stay in some of the worlds lovely hotels :-)

Atlantic View had a charm and a feeling that made me chill out (and I don’t do that very easily), we had amazing weather on the day of my birthday and we simply sat by the pool and drank Graham Beck Sparkling and chilled out.

Jarrard, Wesley and the whole team were simply excellent and looked after us how im sure you would of done yourself :-) All of the little touches were perfect and we loved not having to get dressed for breakfast :-)

Thank you again and we will def be back :-)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
WellTraveledandDined, Owner at Atlanticview Cape Town Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear Sonia,

Coming from another hotelier from the UK you have paid us the nicest compliment you ever could have. We really appreciate it. I am so pleased we were able to live up to your expectations and make your birthday a special one.

Thank you so much from all of us at Atlanticview. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We just spent 5 days at Atlanticview in Camp's Bay and would definitely stay again. We felt like we were staying with friends, albeit friends with a fabulous home who knew how to cater to their guests! We spent our first day touring wine country with Mansour, one of the on-staff guides who is as knowledgeable as he is personable. I highly recommend that trip with stops at Waterford Vineyard and Delaire Graff for lunch. Each morning our breakfast tray arrived as scheduled and looked like something that should grace the cover of Bon Appetit magazine - and was delicious! The staff chauffeured us about in beautiful Mercedes sedans (our bill for transportation was less than a rental car), and each staff member was friendly and helpful. We also took a guided tour with Mansour to Cape Point which was fun and included a visit to Boulders Beach to see the penguins. The hotel hosts a happy hour at 7:00pm each night which presented a nice chance to meet other guests and share touring tips. Table Mountain is a quick drive and we caught the Hop on Hop off bus there one day to tour the city. The botanical garden is a short drive away as well. The view is gorgeous - 360 degrees. Luxurious touches surround you as well. Definitely made our trip to Cape Town one of our best vacations ever!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a wonderful review and for your lovely email when you arrived home. Our private Range Rover Tours are awesome. So glad you enjoyed them. Those breakfast trays are my creation and all the wares you have seen right down to the hand blown bubble glass from Biot in France were assembled and imported by us for you and our other guests enjoyment. So I wanted to thank you personally for that and for staying with us at Atlanticview. I hope you can come back and enjoy another stay with us soon!

Warm regards and safe travels,

Greg, Rainer and the Atlanticview Team

PS. I added your artwork you left behind in your room to our shipment scheduled to arrive in December at our USA reservations office who will courier it up to you in Connecticut when it lands.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights in September. The hotel is small and beautifully decorated. Each detail has been thought through and is perfect. The staff are amazing, very friendly (everyone introduces themself and shakes your hand), very helpful and very accommodating. We included a pick up from the airport and a day tour of cape point in our package. The vehicles used are super comfy, the guide super knowledgable. It was an excellent way to see that area. The views from the hotel are stunning - Atlantic to the front, Table Mountain at the back.
Breakfast was lovely and very laid back. Drinks in the evening are chilled and fun. There are some great restaurants close by, and the hotel will provide extremely good value cars to take you back and forth. I would change nothing about this wonderful place.

Room Tip: Room 3 is the rock room. It has lovely views across the Atlantic Ocean. There is also a rock in the...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
WellTraveledandDined, Owner at Atlanticview Cape Town Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We really appreciate it. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and Private Range Rover Tour to Cape Point and the Penguin Colony. The drive en route along Chapmans Peak is gorgeous! We hope you can join us again some time in the future.

Warm regards,
Greg, Rainer and the Atlanticview Team.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We spent the first few days of our honeymoon in this beautiful hotel in room 4. we had just the best time. we arrived to a beautiful room with a gift on the bed for us, champagne ready and an appointment to come join them at 7 for sunset complimentary drinks and nibbles. I cannot say how brilliant the staff here are. Jaryd, in particular made our stay perfect. He was friendly, attentive and took care of us. the staff drove us everywhere, made recommendations, reservations and generally helped us manage our holiday. Greg, you must thank your staff for making it such a fantastic place as they are amazing. the view also is breathtaking and the sunset drinks is a special touch! loved it. My only critiscism, HEAT your pool it is freezing! I probably would have spent more time at the hotel if it was warm. :)

Room Tip: Room 4 was lovely even though it was not the most expensive, it is still perfect.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi Freyja,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your honeymoon at Atlanticview. It was my pleasure to arrange everything for you and deal with your reservation. The team and I are delighted to know how much you enjoyed it and we hope you can join us again some day soon. By the way you did come in our SA winter which is relatively mild and averages around 15c-21c. Both our Infinity Pools are solar heated and the pool temps do depend on sunshine as well as out side temps. Pools all over Cape Town are cool in early Sept. unless they are indoor. One of our pools heats up in summer months to around 31c which is really warm. If you come to visit Cape Town again do try to come bewteen November and April when temps are warmer and pools are too.

Congratulations to you both. We all wish you much happiness in the future together!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

A small quiet boutique hotel on the hill side overlooking the ocean. Tasteful interiors and friendly staff. Not much to do except enjoy the enchanting views, with table mountain on one side and the bay in front.

Room Tip: Book well in advance as they have very few rooms which are generally booked months ahead.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank sumantkachru
WellTraveledandDined, Owner at Atlanticview Cape Town Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Thank you Suman, for taking the time to write your review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to welcome you back in the future some day.

Warm regards and safe travels,

City Bowl
Derwent House Boutique Hotel
Derwent House Boutique Hotel
#5 of 110 in Cape Town Central

Been to Atlanticview Cape Town Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!