“Great views, Americans' hub in CT”

Atlanticview Cape Town Boutique Hotel
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Camps Bay
London, United Kingdom
“Great views, Americans' hub in CT”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2011

Echoing the other reviews, this is a modern and well-appointed small hotel. Credit for the nice pool are and unique touches such as wine & canapes in the evening, beautifully presented breakfast and provision of restaurant recommendations.

We had a standard room (or mini suite?) - in our view a good size including a king bed. Also for example, there was a separate area for luggage, which was smart. The different rooms have varying features and characteristics, it wasn't the easiest to imagine the hotel layout upon booking. Describing it afterwards, I'd say it's arranged in two halves essentially and you could see this for example how there were two separate breakfast areas and two pools. I thought this was good so that it felt like there weren's so many people around. Generally, the rooms are quite close together. Ours was next to the lounge area, but luckily there were two doors in between so you weren't really bothered by any noise.

We prefer to do things independently on our travels - e.g. hire own car rather than spend day with a guide. This hotel is pretty full on about selling their tours, which may explain why we didn't feel as much the 'above & beyond' service as some guests refer. No problems though and breakfast staff in particular was friendly. Good for couples, it's nice that they have a committed no children -policy. Maybe slightly on the prescriptive side in terms of info, but definitely can't fault the hotel for lack thereof.

In a way if the place was a bit more low-key, it would be perfect for imagining that you are visiting a friend's house in a very glamourous and scenic location. For variety, we'll probably try another hotel or area on our next trip to Cape Town but definitely wouldn't mind going back to AV and would recommend for other couples.

Room Tip: Rooms are very nice and good size, in our view suites didn't warrant the higher price. Ask quest...
1 Thank EmiliaS

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

We arrived this morning at 7am exhausted, jet-lagged and most significantly, unannounced.

From the moment the taxi pulled up we were greeted with nothing but warmth and helpfulness. Stephanie was fantastic in looking after us, even allowing us to sleep in another room whilst we waited for ours. We experienced breakfast (because to say we just 'enjoyed' it would be a disservice) and when we got to our room we found it absolutely luxurious.

Looking forward to some champagne sampling now. Everything so far has been delightful. The room, the food, the views and even though it's not cheap, the value. However, over everything else, it's the service that sets this place apart.

Don't come to Cape Town without at least a night at the AtlanticView.

We might still be here!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2011

The perfect place to stay in Capetown. Our room was wonderful.. heated floors, and glass doors that opened our room to the infinity pool. After a day of touring, it was wonderful to come "home" to a room with a beautiful view of the ocean, and Lions Head. Each night we enjoyed different complimentary wines at as we watched the sunset over the ocean. The staff could not have been more friendly or accommodating, arranging tours, providing us with rides to and from dinner, and making us feel like Atlanticview was our second home.

Room Tip: We stayed in "The Rock Room" which was wonderful. Ours was the only room that was directly...
Bucks
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

A unique location high up above Camps Bay - One way the Bay and the other Table Mountain.
Complementary Sundowners Cocktails and Canapes in the evening. The staff were especially helpful welcoming a couple of friends for drinks in the evening. We used the gym facilities and had some poolside dining. Breakfast is served in your suite if you would like that. (We did!!!). Free wireless access in the room.
All services are on hand for tours, taxis and so on, at a price of course.

Room Tip: Our room being in front of a pool with lounges outside was perfect.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2011

We have been fortunate enough to have stayed in some of the finest hotels all over the world and Atlanticview ranks # 1. The view, the service, the meals and the amenities were all first class, but the personnel really created the perfect atmosphere for us as we prefer very low key and very quiet. They were most gracious and anticipated our every need. The location of the hotel is incredible and the interior design impeccable. We will be back!

Bolton,Ma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2011

We recently returned from 10 days in South Aftrica and our 1st 2 nights at Atlanticview were beyond expectations, even after reading the glowing reviews on Trip Advisor. Upon arrival in Cape Town, we were promptly picked up at the airport by Simon in one of the hotel's Mercedes sedans and whisked to our beautiful suite overlooking one of the two infinity pools. The view is incredible from every room. Expect to be wow'd not only by the view but by the exquisite and scrumptious breakfast delivered daily to your room. Can't say we have ever experienced more personal service, attention to detail, and impeccably clean accomodations. We used the hotel's Mercedes car service to go to dinner in Cape Town...it was like having your own personal chauffeur for the evening. Atlanticview clearly deserves it's #1 ranking on Trip Advisor.

Centennial
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2011

I recently spent 5 glorious days at Atlanticview Capetown in early October, 2011. From the moment I saw my driver Simon holding my name up on a very impressive sign and his enthusiastic greeting, I knew I was in for a wonderful holiday. Traveling alone for the first time out of my home of Denver, Colorado I was quite stressed and Greg Boki knew this. He made it his priority to have me feel at ease, stress-free and most important, IMPORTANT! From the heated bathroom floor/towel rack to the smiling faces of the staff I knew I was in good hands. The view from my Infinity Suite, breakfast every morning out on my private deck overlooking the Atlantic still takes my breath away. I scheduled 2 tours my time there and my other driver, Mansur, knows Cape Town like the back of his hand, he was AMAZING, I highly recommend him and/or Simon! I truly felt like Royalty as I should being the pictures on the walls told me Greg does know the Royal family, wow. Stephany and Wendy were so kind and their professionalism certainly radiated through. I was tired the night I arrived and had a 'small' tray sent to my room. Scattered rose pedals adorned my tray with an assortment of cheeses, liver pate (I crave it now!), frest mango, grapes the size of tennis balls, freshly baked bread, and a chilled bottle of Chardonay, I went to sleep excited to wake up for once! Thank you Greg, Mansur, Simon, Stephany, Wendy, the chefs, and the other young man whose name escapes me (I'm sorry but I know who you are) and everyone else who is emplyed by Atlanticview who made my first trip overseas an experience of a lifetime. If you are planning a trip to Cape Town I highly recommend a stay at Atlanticview. How often do you get to be treated like you're really special? THANKS GREG!!!!!!!!!!! I'm already planning to come back just to spend more time there.

Room Tip: The Infinity Suite was amazing but am sure ALL the rooms are.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Cape Grace
Cape Grace
#7 of 106 in Cape Town Central
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,947 reviews

Been to Atlanticview Cape Town Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!