“Perfect location”

Camps Bay Ridge Guest House
Ranked #25 of 54 Camps Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 6, 2010

We were welcomed to Camps Bay Ridge by Joerg after a long flight and were blown away by the views of Table Mountain and the sea, we chose Camps Bay Ridge guesthouse based on trip advisor reviews and they were spot on. The atmosphere is really laid back and is perfect for people looking for the boutique experience. Don’t worry about thinking about where to go for dinner, Joerg’s knowledge of the area is second to none and every restaurant that we visited was great – particularly HQ (specialise in steak, salad and fries, done amazingly). It is also really straight forward to get from Camps Bay into central Cape Town. With regards to security Camps Bay is an affluent area and Camps Bay Ridge has secure parking at the front of the guesthouse.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 3, 2010

How do you choose a B&B in Camps Bay when there are so many gorgeous places to pick from if you read all the reviews on this site.

Camps Bay Ridge Guest house has great bedrooms and bathrooms beautifully decorated - so do others - it has great views - so do others - its conveniently situated in between Camps Bay and Capetown - so are others - the buffet breakfast is fantastic and you can have anything cooked that you want - so are others - the pool and communal areas are relaxing and inviting overlooking the twelve apostles and Camps Bay - so are others.

So, the reason for choosing Camps Bay Ridge? Joerg, the owner. He welcomes you into his house as a friend not a guest. Nothing is too much trouble and he spends time talking and getting to know you. On top of this he is very amusing and you really do want to spend time with him.

The restaurant recommendations that he gave us every night were spot on and not ones that you would necessarily have gone too - little out of the way places that only local people know about.

You really do feel totally relaxed and at home here and certainly when the time comes to leave, very sad.

My husband and I rarely go back to the same country let alone the same accommodation but there is no question that we will be back to South Africa and will certainly be staying at Camps Bay Ridge Guest house with Joerg.

My advice? DON'T MISS OUT!!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 9, 2009

This was my 5th stay in Camps Bay Ridge Guest House - in 4 years... Do I need to say more?
Possibly I should:
I was recommended to this place by a good friend and thought, ok, give it a try - but what I have experienced so far was by far above my expectations. I felt at home instantly as Joerg is such a great host that welcomes you in such a friendly and nice way that you just think "yes" that is where I want to be.
The guesthouse is stunningly located in the villa area of Camps Bay, with Table Mountain in your back, Lion's head to your right, the Twelve Apostels to your left and then, when you are on your balcony at sunset you overlook the whole bay... Beautiful and most romantic moments.
A lush tropical garden and the recently build mexian style "Palapa" together wich a pool with a view make this stay just perfect.
The service starts with a very special breakfast in the morning, with all guests on one huge table - chatting, exchanging experiences, fresh-to-order prepared eggs, fruits, joghurt and cereals, cold platters from his special German butcher and Joerg, giving recommendations of what to do for the day - or not, because of the weather and wind... He is so helpfuld with restaurant and go-out-tips (and the bookings as well, which you should do especially in high season) that you will surely enjoy.
Just in case you are feeling more like being lazy or just enjoy - then try out the massage of Sylvia - this is by far the best treatment I have ever had in my life time - and it is very reasonable in price in addition.
I have meanwhile stayed in all of the rooms and need to say - each of it has a charme of its own. All are having stunning views (even from the bathrooms, where little windows or "breaks through the wall" make sure that you don't miss a minute of the gorgous views) to all the special landscape as well as the sunset in the evenings.
I have travelled all of my life to various regions and have to say - my favourite place is South Africa - the climate, the people - and knowing a place like Camps Bay Ridge where I will come back very soon.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed November 11, 2009

My husband & I spent 4 blissful days in Camps Bay Ridge. We adored it from the moment we arrived. Joerg is a fantastic guy. Great craic and fun to be around. It was actually sad to say good bye to him. The guesthouse itself is just beautiful. Joerg has so many amazing ideas for the place and it really is as nice a place as we have ever stayed. So individual and really lovely touches all around the house. The rooms are amazing and in my opinion better than any fancy hotel or boutique hotel we've stayed in in a long time. During our stay we had two different rooms and both were fantastic. Amazing views! Breakfast was also fab..Joerg makes yummy omelettes and is also incredibly helpful at recommending good places to dine and options on what to do.
In summary I would recommend if visiting Cape Town to head STRAIGHT to CAMPS BAY RIDGE guesthouse. Yes you do need a car but u'd be a fool not to have one while in Cape town to begin with.
And to crown it all off guesthouse is fantsatic value. I have recommended to all my friends going this year and next and hopefully some day will get the change to return. P.S also some lovely art work on the walls!!! hehe we bought a fab pic of a cheetah that Joerg had and have named him JOERG so a lifetime memory now on our wall.
ENJOY UR STAY. U won't regret it!!!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DublinDipso
Reviewed August 9, 2009

Had the most wonderful time in this breath taking villa. Joeg was exceptionally helpful and breakfasts were excellent with lots of fresh fruit and made to order omalettes. Views were wonderful and as someone else said it felt like you were staying in someones rather wonderful house. Couldn't fault it - go and try it yourself you will not be disappointed.

Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank golfingkingdom
Reviewed August 9, 2009

We stayed at Camps Bay Ridge Guest House in March for my part of a trip around SA for my 30th Birthday.

We arrived in the afternoon and was warmly greeted by Andrea, Joerg's assistant who showed us to our room and written next to the door on a plaque was 'MI CASA ES TU CASA'. My house is your house! Which is exactly how Joerg treats you from the moment you arrive at this fabulous establishment.

In our rooom was bottle of red wine to say Happy Birthday and an email from family at home to say the same!!

The room was beautifully decorated, white washed with a stunning panoramic view of the sea and to the left Table Mountain. Accesorised in a bohemian style with lots of exotic touches which I loved!

You can sit on the balcony and watch the sun rise or the fantastic image of the reknowned 'table cloth'. The bed was huge and extremely comfortable and from which you could see the ocean through the port hole style windows on the adjacent wall. As you can see from the photos the bathroom is adjoined to the room but is only seperated by a glass partition. So the only advice I would give you is to ensure that the person you go with is someone with whom you are comfortable!!
Breakfast is served at a dining table or outside on the patio. I really enjoyed eating breakfast together, it was nice to have a chat and Joerg is such an entertaining host that there is no awkwardness! The breakfast's are divine, lots of cereal's, bread, cheese, fruit and juices and wide selection of cooked breakfasts.
There are so many aspects of this guest house that I found fantastic including the infinity pool!!!! Although there is one element that stands out from the rest and that is the owner Joerg. It is difficult to put into words how fantastic this man is! His astute perceptiveness of your needs is what makes him such a brilliant host. My partner and I are open to chatting and like to meet new people and Joerg spends as much time as you like chatting and sharing stories with you. His intuitive nature also allows him to realise who likes to be left alone!

It was our first time to SA and the info that Joerg gave us for what to do, where to go, restaurants, bars and nightclubs was priceless! Nothing was too much trouble and he even dropped us to the Table Mountain Cable Car on our last day! So make sure that you ask him for recommendations as they really are fabulous especially Wakami restaurant and Planet Champagne Bar @ The Mount Nelson Hotel. You are so spoilt for choice in Camps Bay that you could spend all day eating and drinking!!!! :o))

We went to The Cape of Good Hope and Cape Peninsular and Boulders Beach, Table Mountain, the V&A Waterfront. I would recommend hiring a car, we had one in each of the area's that we visited. It is cheap and definitely needed!

We also had a massage each at the guest house as they have a massage room and a therapist that will come by appointment to you. I have had alot of massage treatments and this was by far the best I have ever ever had! 90 mins for £30 - amazing!

On our last day Joerg invited us for tea on the upper level of the building where he lives....WOW! Fabulous views and we were treated to beautiful cakes and tea! Yummy!

All in all I would recommend this guest house to everyone although I would like to keep it all to myself!! So if you are thinking of Camps Bay then make sure that you book Camps Bay Ridge! Unbelievable! 10 out of 10! Thanks Joerg!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Janie28
Reviewed May 28, 2009

This B&B was simply stunning. The views were fabulous and the rooms wonderful and immacualate. Joerg was a wonderful host and we felt totally at home here.

All the rooms were beautifully designed and we could lie in bed and look at the sea through small 'port hole' tpye windows.

Fabulous - not a single downside!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple