“None Better” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Al Villa Romantica La Spiaggia

Al Villa Romantica La Spiaggia
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Camps Bay
Al Villa Romantica La Spiaggia
Ranked #56 of 60 Camps Bay B&B and Inns
Seville, Spain
“None Better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2011

Al Villa Romantica is in one word "Fantastic". This was my second trip in same year. My wife and I were there in February and loved it so much that we brought 5 additional family members and we stayed for most of December 2010. Paul and his staff go out of their way to insure that we are 100% pleased. Paul insured that in addition to all of our hotel needs being me he booked daily tours throughout the valley to insure that our trip was enjoyable (shark fishing, cape tour and numerous wine locations). The staff....is by far the best I have seen..."Only" goes out of her way to may your room and meals are pleaseant and fit your schedule. The View....there is none better...waking up and having breakfast on the balcony can not be beat...and I live in Spain. All I can say is we will be back again...and we will only stay with Paul. Thanks for yet another wonderful stay.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2010

I have just returned from staying in this guesthouse (Dec 09 - Jan 10) for 4 nights with a group of friends. We were very pleasantly surprised having read the earlier reviews beforehand. We had a most enjoyable stay. There have clearly been many changes made since the earlier comments. In particular, all of the sheets & towels etc. were new and it seemed as if other renovations had been recently carried out. The bathroom was huge with a large shower and jacuzzi bath. The rooms were spotless.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and they booked restaurants and taxis for us on a number of occasions. We were given breakfast and other refreshments outside of the normal hours for breakfast. They accommodated all of our requests, nothing was a problem and we felt v much at home during our stay.

The location is superb - only a short walk from the main street whereas a lot of the other accomodation seems to be up the hills behind Camps Bay.

The only downside was that the garden area is small and v shaded but at a stone's throw from the beach, this really did not matter.

In terms of South African prices, I would consider it to be a little bit expensive but that is compared with hotels in different locations in SA at different times. This was Camps Bay at peak season so high prices are to be expected. Overall I was v pleased that we stayed here.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2010

I recently stayed in the Al Villa Romantica - to be honest I had read the previous reviews before I left so I was a bit worried - but as accomadation was so difficult to find in Camps Bay around New Years Eve, I decided to go ahead with my booking. I can honestly say that the complaints from the previous reviews were completely unfound. I shared a huge spotless room with 2 of my friends, lovely sheets, clean towels - changed daily, superb service - esp Elvis who took care of our every need. This Hotel is a great location in Camps Bay and I would have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone and I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2008

I'm afraid I have to agree with the review below. We also had the misfortune to stay at this guesthouse earlier this year and the complaints below mirror our experience. What was more worrying was that 3 other groups we spoke to also had major complaints and felt they had been mis-sold their room. When we broached our problems with the manager (once we managed to track her down) she totally agreed - she told us that complaintswere very usual from customers and she couldn't diagree with any of our points (dirty room, torn and stained sheets/towels, a bizarre bathroom where absolutely nothing seemed to work and the fact that the room hadn't even been decorated - you could still see the pencil measurements the workmen had written on the plasterboard). One of the most worrying revelations was that they had not replaced the towels/sheets since the place opened 6 yrs ago. If true, and I've no reason to doubt, I find that pretty disgusting.

As for the free internet access - be very careful, the computer is riddled with viruses.

maybe things ahve improved but if I was going back to Camps Bay (amazing place), I certainly wouldn't stay there, particularly given the array of accomodation on offer.

• Liked — we got it half price when we complained - still overpriced though!
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Camps Bay hotels

London, UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2008

Where to begin with what is wrong with this guest house? I've never written a review on tripadvisor before but feel so strongly that I don't want anyone else's holiday to be ruined by booking into this rip-off guest house. We booked this ostensibly 'romantic' hotel for the last few days of our holiday as a treat. What a mistake.

The place is marketed as a 4 star, luxury, romantic collection of suites. Our 'suite' was none of these three things. The room was:
dirty, had a broken window, safe didn't work, towels were dirty, bed sheets were both torn and dirty, bathroom door didn't close, walls hadn't been painted or finished, sinks didn't fill, no facilities in room (e.g. no phone, tea/coffee making, not even a chair!), unbearably hot, no sea views (as described). Overall, the place felt dirty and seedy.

Whilst the staff are friendly and try their best, they are completely overworked and the service is shambolic. Our complaints didn't surprise them - they even agreed with us about the problems!!

We have never complained about accommodation before and are used to staying in a range of places of different standards, but we felt completely ripped off - the place simply isn't as advertised and we can't understand how it ever got its 4 star status.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Arriving
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)