Stayed for 16 nights in December 2013. We had a superb time at the Primi and loved exploring Cape Town and the surrounding areas. A big thank you to all the staff who could not have been more helpful and friendly.
Location is excellent, one street behind the main beach road so not too noisy but still with stunning views and convenient for the buses, restaurants and shops. As well as the Pick n Pay supermarket at the corner of the beach road there is a smaller and much nicer supermarket next to the Hussar Grill restaurant (turn left out of the hotel, up the hill). Taxis can be a little expensive but the buses are easy to use. Worth considering hiring a car to explore the surrounding areas – there is so much to see and do......Camps Bay beach is beautiful, but can get extremely busy on Public holidays - we found it an easy walk to the Clifton beaches which are a little more secluded.
A big plus point for the hotel is that they do not overcharge for drinks so when you are not out and about you can really relax here – it is the same price to have a drink from your mini bar as to purchase it at the main bar. If you have had a busy day and choose to stay in the hotel in the evening you can order food from their sister restaurant and have it delivered to either the terrace or your room for no extra charge. The pool area is small but comfortable – as there is so much to do in the area we never had a problem using a sunbed when we wanted to spend an hour or so relaxing.
The only issue we found with the hotel is that it is in need of some TLC from the owners – some of the furnishings/fittings are a little dated and there are a few minor maintenance problems. That said, we loved our time here and could easily overlook these issues as we were not paying 5 star prices to stay in this 5 star location! And the service was 5 star.....
Thanks to Liberty for sharing his local knowledge and making bookings for us, Alan for looking after us in the evenings, Zane for recommending a superb local restaurant (Il Capperro) for New Years Eve, Milton for his dry sense of humour and Primrose for her beautiful smile every time she greeted us. We hope to return........
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We're a small 10 bedroom boutique hotel just 100 m up from the beach, restaurants, bars & Miami-Beach style nightlife! We strive to give good service & make your stay as pleasurable as possible. We arrange half-day & full-day tours of all types: Best-of-the-Cape, The Peninsula - Cape of Good Hope & Cape Point, Wine, Cheese & Olive Tasting at our very best vineyards in the famous Cape Winelands, museums, Table Mountain, day trips to Cape Safari Game Farms, whale watching, shark cage diving, helicopter trips, tandem paragliding & other extreme sports...and the list just goes on! If you're looking for a home-away-from-home experience then look no further! We have no airs & graces & no-one stands on ceremony. Just pure friendliness! All of our rooms overlook the magnificent Atlantic Ocean with a backdrop of Table Mountain. So do join us! Come EAT ~ SLEEP ~ PLAY ~ where "WORK IS LOVE MADE VISIBLE!" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Primi Royal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Primi-Royal Hotel Camps Bay
- Primi Royal Cape Town
- Primi Royal Camps Bay, Cape Town, South Africa