The first impression was not welcoming (No sign to where the reception is - If I did not find someone staying there coming out of the lift, I would never have found it). We parked with great difficulty (I had to climb out and my husband struggled to get out of the car) due to the size of the parking available. They misplaced our booking, told us not to worry as they have one room still available (probably ours we figured - how wrong we were). Exploring the unit let us to broken sliding door handles (literally hanging by a thread). The furniture was broken, run down and tired, the bath was leaking, the howling wind screaming through the sliding doors due to it not closing properly kept us awake all night. We had a very uncomfortable sleep as we asked for a large double bed, but got a single and three courter bed pushed together - causing a rift in the middle of the bed - no romantic getaway here - we had to each sleep on our own bed. The towels were so old and worn and piled on top of an old towel heater that did not really work properly so could only heat a bit of one towel at a time. There were only a couple of TV channels not correctly tuned on an old TV, while they advertised cable and satellite and flat screen TV. They also advertise breakfast in room??? This was not an option. Elegantly decorated?? Run down is more like it, Bidet?? Nowhere to be seen?? The breakfast was not the normal spread that we are accustomed to in lesser star bed and breakfasts. The table cloth were dirty and no indication of the warm menu anywhere to be seen. The only highlight was however the warm English breakfast and coffee - very expensive breakfast though. This place cost me more than what I would have paid for a 5 star location in Langebaan. We selected this hotel as it ticked all the boxes of what we wanted for a quite getaway - but alas, it offered almost nothing. We have been around the world and stayed in many places, but never this bad. You always get what you pay for. This is definitely not a 4 star rating hotel - do not know how they got it. It sends a bad and misinformed message about Cape Town and the South African hospitality industry and the standards that we offer to world travelers. We were actually willing to suck it up. The final straw was when they asked us to move the next day after breakfast as another guest is coming in and we were staying in his superior room - we moved alright - we moved out! If we spent the night in a superior room I was not sticking around to find out how bad the classic room was going to be ... I have never left a review anywhere, but this just warranted warning to other travelers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We're a small 10 bedroom boutique hotel just 100 m up from the beach, restaurants, bars & Miami-Beach style nightlife! We strive to give good service & make your stay as pleasurable as possible. We arrange half-day & full-day tours of all types: Best-of-the-Cape, The Peninsula - Cape of Good Hope & Cape Point, Wine, Cheese & Olive Tasting at our very best vineyards in the famous Cape Winelands, museums, Table Mountain, day trips to Cape Safari Game Farms, whale watching, shark cage diving, helicopter trips, tandem paragliding & other extreme sports...and the list just goes on! If you're looking for a home-away-from-home experience then look no further! We have no airs & graces & no-one stands on ceremony. Just pure friendliness! All of our rooms overlook the magnificent Atlantic Ocean with a backdrop of Table Mountain. So do join us! Come EAT ~ SLEEP ~ PLAY ~ where "WORK IS LOVE MADE VISIBLE!" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Primi Royal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Primi-Royal Hotel Camps Bay
- Primi Royal Cape Town
- Primi Royal Camps Bay, Cape Town, South Africa