My wife and I spent 3 nights here earlier this month. (June) This small, boutique hotel is well positioned just off Beach Road in beautiful Camps Bay. If you walk 10 minutes up the hill from the hotel, you will reach the Hassar Grill which is a fantastic and renowned steakhouse with no charge on corkage. I highly recommend it. If you walk 5 minutes downhill in the opposite direction, you will reach the beachfront, full of upscale bars and restaurants.
Our stay was part of a trip taking in Safari and Victoria Falls. We selected this time of year to coincide with the best time to see the Falls and so were aware Camps Bay in June (SA Winter) is very quiet due to the fact the weather in the Cape at this time of year doesn’t lend itself to sun worshipping. However, being there in Winter does not take away from the beautiful scenery of the area with the beach, promenade and the 12 Apostles Mountain range in the background.
You enter the hotel via an intercom system and FOB key. Once inside you can get the elevator to 1st floor which houses reception, a sitting area, a small dining area (breakfast) and sliding glass doors leading to a small plunge pool and sun chairs.
Our room was large, comfortable with a lovely balcony overlooking the street with views of the Ocean in the near distance. The only issue I had with the room was the shower and more precisely the positioning of the shower screen. The way it was designed was bizarre and meant it was impossible to have a shower without soaking the bathroom floor. Other than that, I have no complaints about the accommodation. Breakfast each morning was very nice and the staff at the hotel were welcoming, helpful and friendly.
The only overall small negative was that if you chose to take the stairs rather than the elevator you were always met and faced with climbing over bags of laundry and extension cables. I assume the hotel management presume everyone will use the elevator and thus feel guests will not be privy to the untidiness of the back stairs area. It wasn’t a big deal but just something I haven’t encountered before.
All in all, the hotel was excellent value for money at the rate we paid and more than met our requirements for a short stay. We plan to come back to Camps Bay during mid to high season one year to see it in its full glory and enjoy the beach. When that time comes I would certainly consider returning to the Primi Royal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We're a small 10 bedroom boutique hotel just 100 m up from the beach, restaurants, bars & Miami-Beach style nightlife! We strive to give good service & make your stay as pleasurable as possible. We arrange half-day & full-day tours of all types: Best-of-the-Cape, The Peninsula - Cape of Good Hope & Cape Point, Wine, Cheese & Olive Tasting at our very best vineyards in the famous Cape Winelands, museums, Table Mountain, day trips to Cape Safari Game Farms, whale watching, shark cage diving, helicopter trips, tandem paragliding & other extreme sports...and the list just goes on! If you're looking for a home-away-from-home experience then look no further! We have no airs & graces & no-one stands on ceremony. Just pure friendliness! All of our rooms overlook the magnificent Atlantic Ocean with a backdrop of Table Mountain. So do join us! Come EAT ~ SLEEP ~ PLAY ~ where "WORK IS LOVE MADE VISIBLE!" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Primi Royal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Primi-Royal Hotel Camps Bay
- Primi Royal Cape Town
- Primi Royal Camps Bay, Cape Town, South Africa