We have just returned from two weeks in South Africa and had to write my first Trip advisor review for the Primi Royal to tell everyone how great it is.
The Primi team are really friendly and ready to help you with anything. I emailed the hotel before going to ask some advice about how best to get to Camps Bay from Cape Town Airport and Liberty really kindly organised us an airport transfer for a reasonable R350. When we arrived, we were greeted by Andrew who was always available to advise us on things to do.
Our room was great and had a lovely view of the sea, which was nice to wake up to every morning.
We used the Hop On Hop Off bus for two days to get around Cape Town, which was really great to see everything although it does take quite a long time to get back to Camps Bay from, say the Waterfront, as you go through the town and either up Table Mountain or via the vineyards. The buses also stop running quite early so you couldn't, for example, have dinner in Cape Town and then get the bus back to Camps Bay. However, given that there are lots of great restaurants in Camps Bay that's no problem!
We did ask Andrew to organise us a taxi to the Waterfront on our last day and he linked us up with Isaac de Wet who is the friendliest taxi driver we have ever met. It only cost R120 for the trip and we didn't stop talking the whole way. I would really recommend that you use Isaac if you need a taxi anywhere and the Primi team have his number handy if you need it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We're a small 10 bedroom boutique hotel just 100 m up from the beach, restaurants, bars & Miami-Beach style nightlife! We strive to give good service & make your stay as pleasurable as possible. We arrange half-day & full-day tours of all types: Best-of-the-Cape, The Peninsula - Cape of Good Hope & Cape Point, Wine, Cheese & Olive Tasting at our very best vineyards in the famous Cape Winelands, museums, Table Mountain, day trips to Cape Safari Game Farms, whale watching, shark cage diving, helicopter trips, tandem paragliding & other extreme sports...and the list just goes on! If you're looking for a home-away-from-home experience then look no further! We have no airs & graces & no-one stands on ceremony. Just pure friendliness! All of our rooms overlook the magnificent Atlantic Ocean with a backdrop of Table Mountain. So do join us! Come EAT ~ SLEEP ~ PLAY ~ where "WORK IS LOVE MADE VISIBLE!" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Primi Royal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Primi-Royal Hotel Camps Bay
- Primi Royal Cape Town
- Primi Royal Camps Bay, Cape Town, South Africa