Location - Following a well organised transfer from the airport we arrrived at our hotel which is in Camps Bay in the southern suburbs. The southern section of Cape Town is a wealthy part of the city and is in a lovely location with the beach and a wide range of excellent restaurants.
We discovered that either taxi or driving took about 20/25 minutes from the waterfront and say 10/15 minutes to Table Mountain. If you are heading down towards say the Cape of Good Hope then you are on the main road in a few minutes.
The hotel is not on the sea front but set back slightly behind. This still allows you to see the beach front but without the traffic and crowds.
As Trailfinders state the hotel is in a slightly hilly area and contains a few steps (this is the case from the street and small number of steps were encountered on the first floor) and if a mobility is an issue you may need to consider another hotel.
The hotel - There are about 5 parking spaces but on the day we had access to a car this was never an issue.
You report to the reception area on the first floor which includes a small business room that you can use, sofas, bar and tables where you will have your breakfast. This room leads to a patio and a plunge pool. However the main feature is the view of a Lion Mountain and the beach.
After booking in we were taken to our room on the first floor. The room was a good size and comprised satellite TV which seemed to pick up about four channels (a recurring theme in touring SA), desk with chair, another chair, bed, bedside cabinets and built in wardrobe (including a safe). The bed was wonderful and I cannnot recall such a goodnight's sleep for such a long time.
There were spotlights in the ceiling which lightened the room. I wish hotels in the UK and US did the same, you often wonder if they have such poor lighting so the guests will go out and therefore not clutter the room.
The room was clean but we suspect could possibly do with a small amount of TLC.
There is a bathroom including a shower. Two points here the first again relates to mobility and the bath has a higher lip to get in when compared to most baths in the UK and so maybe an issue. However this may not apply to all bathrooms and you may want to check with the hotel. Also personally I could have done with a light over the sink to assist with shaving.
The room had a view across to the beach. The room also overlooked a main road from the front but the noise was never an issue.
Staff - here the the staff were superb especially Andrew and Zane e.g. they arranged the tickets for Table Mountain. Further, Zane told us about Simon's Town Boat Compayt and their whaling trips (not cheap but worth it). Zane and Andew spent the best part of a day trying to contact the boat company to make a reservation. Note they didn't take any money but merely made the reservation. Zane also spent quite some time giving advice and guidance as to what to see and where to go. Also they would organise a taxi when required.
The breakfasts were excellent and with the view made a great start to the day.
The hotel does not provide evening meals but as stated you have a wide range of restaurants, including a Primi to choose from.
So if you are looking for a great hotel then the Primi should be on your list and you will enjoy your stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We're a small 10 bedroom boutique hotel just 100 m up from the beach, restaurants, bars & Miami-Beach style nightlife! We strive to give good service & make your stay as pleasurable as possible. We arrange half-day & full-day tours of all types: Best-of-the-Cape, The Peninsula - Cape of Good Hope & Cape Point, Wine, Cheese & Olive Tasting at our very best vineyards in the famous Cape Winelands, museums, Table Mountain, day trips to Cape Safari Game Farms, whale watching, shark cage diving, helicopter trips, tandem paragliding & other extreme sports...and the list just goes on! If you're looking for a home-away-from-home experience then look no further! We have no airs & graces & no-one stands on ceremony. Just pure friendliness! All of our rooms overlook the magnificent Atlantic Ocean with a backdrop of Table Mountain. So do join us! Come EAT ~ SLEEP ~ PLAY ~ where "WORK IS LOVE MADE VISIBLE!" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Travelocity so you can book your Primi Royal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Primi-Royal Hotel Camps Bay
- Primi Royal Cape Town
- Primi Royal Camps Bay, Cape Town, South Africa