My husband and I are traveling a lot, but the rooms in the Marly Hotel are totally stunning and the best we have ever stayed in.
It is a small and personal boutique hotel in the first row of Camps Bay and offers everything you need for a wonderful stay.
The room, the terrace, and the bathroom are HUGE! Everything is totally clean, very modern style. I am very sure in terms of atmosphere there is nothing to complain about!
Definitely, you should take a room with sea view, then the terrace is overlooking the ocean, amazing sunsets inclusive. They have a little library with lots of books and DVDs and you can lend them for free if you like. Also the mini bar is for free and filled up daily. Coffee/Espresso machine in the room. They have a small and nice pool area, however we didn't use it. Parking is for free and you get a chip with your room key to enter and exit the garage with your car whenever you want.
For us the stay was perfect. However, there are a few things we want to mention that might be disturbing to others.
1. Noise: When you stand at the end of the terrace you can look through the roof of a bar/restaurant just in front of you. Of course this includes hearing music and the people talking etc. Again, it was totally fine for us, but it might be disturbing for an older couple. However, as soon as you are inside the room and the terrace doors are closed, you don't hear anything from outside. So for sure, your sleep won't be disturbed.
2. Breakfast: The breakfast is not served in the hotel, but in a bar/restaurant downstairs. You can either order sth from their menu or the Marly breakfast (they will hand you both menus when you tell them that you are from the Marly hotel).
You don't pay extra when you choose a breakfast from the restaurant (which should be mentioned in the beginning btw), and you dont pay extra for more coffee etc.
The breakfast is really good, both from the restaurant and the specific one of the Marly Hotel. (I uploaded pics of the Marly breakfast and another breakfast from the restaurant).
Again, it was totally fine for us that the breakfast was there, but it might be disturbing to others. Besides, i heard that the hotel is planning huge changes in terms of breakfast, so it might be different in a while, anyway. And also you can get your breakfast served at your terrace or the pool area if you like.
3. Main Entry: In accordance to other reviews, the main entry to the hotel is from the garage. But well, I think this is totally not an issue, but rather nice, because it is a very short distance from your car to the hotel and your room. And as soon as you are in the hotel, everything looks amazing!
4. Room Service: We ordered room service every night. It was served on our terrace. The food was delicious, however the staff bringing the food could be improved. They are staff from the restaurant that is providing the food (I think it is the same as the breakfast restaurant), so not the hotel is to blame. They tend to forget sth. Either bread or a sauce or salt/pepper. They are very friendly, but they seem a little bit nervous and unexperienced. Also, once we were asking one waiter if they will get the tip on the bill, he said no, so we gave him extra cash. We asked the another waiter the next day the same and he said that they would get the tipp on the bill.
If you are not sure in which hotel you should go, go to the Marly Hotel! We were debating whether to go there or to the AtlanticView Hotel or the POD Camps Bay, but we are more than happy that we decided to go to the Marly Hotel!
It was an amazing stay and we will definitely be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marly is the newest edition to The Kove Collection. Her sister property is The Alphen Boutique Hotel in Constantia. The Marly has 11 spacious suites, all with sea facing or uninterrupted views of The Twelve Apostle Mountain range and is located right up "close and personal" with Camps Bay beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Marly Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Marly Hotel Camps Bay, Cape Town, South Africa