“Absolutely wonderful!”

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Camps Bay
Munich, Germany
“Absolutely wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

My husband and I are traveling a lot, but the rooms in the Marly Hotel are totally stunning and the best we have ever stayed in.
It is a small and personal boutique hotel in the first row of Camps Bay and offers everything you need for a wonderful stay.
The room, the terrace, and the bathroom are HUGE! Everything is totally clean, very modern style. I am very sure in terms of atmosphere there is nothing to complain about!
Definitely, you should take a room with sea view, then the terrace is overlooking the ocean, amazing sunsets inclusive. They have a little library with lots of books and DVDs and you can lend them for free if you like. Also the mini bar is for free and filled up daily. Coffee/Espresso machine in the room. They have a small and nice pool area, however we didn't use it. Parking is for free and you get a chip with your room key to enter and exit the garage with your car whenever you want.

For us the stay was perfect. However, there are a few things we want to mention that might be disturbing to others.

1. Noise: When you stand at the end of the terrace you can look through the roof of a bar/restaurant just in front of you. Of course this includes hearing music and the people talking etc. Again, it was totally fine for us, but it might be disturbing for an older couple. However, as soon as you are inside the room and the terrace doors are closed, you don't hear anything from outside. So for sure, your sleep won't be disturbed.

2. Breakfast: The breakfast is not served in the hotel, but in a bar/restaurant downstairs. You can either order sth from their menu or the Marly breakfast (they will hand you both menus when you tell them that you are from the Marly hotel).
You don't pay extra when you choose a breakfast from the restaurant (which should be mentioned in the beginning btw), and you dont pay extra for more coffee etc.
The breakfast is really good, both from the restaurant and the specific one of the Marly Hotel. (I uploaded pics of the Marly breakfast and another breakfast from the restaurant).
Again, it was totally fine for us that the breakfast was there, but it might be disturbing to others. Besides, i heard that the hotel is planning huge changes in terms of breakfast, so it might be different in a while, anyway. And also you can get your breakfast served at your terrace or the pool area if you like.

3. Main Entry: In accordance to other reviews, the main entry to the hotel is from the garage. But well, I think this is totally not an issue, but rather nice, because it is a very short distance from your car to the hotel and your room. And as soon as you are in the hotel, everything looks amazing!

4. Room Service: We ordered room service every night. It was served on our terrace. The food was delicious, however the staff bringing the food could be improved. They are staff from the restaurant that is providing the food (I think it is the same as the breakfast restaurant), so not the hotel is to blame. They tend to forget sth. Either bread or a sauce or salt/pepper. They are very friendly, but they seem a little bit nervous and unexperienced. Also, once we were asking one waiter if they will get the tip on the bill, he said no, so we gave him extra cash. We asked the another waiter the next day the same and he said that they would get the tipp on the bill.

In summary,
If you are not sure in which hotel you should go, go to the Marly Hotel! We were debating whether to go there or to the AtlanticView Hotel or the POD Camps Bay, but we are more than happy that we decided to go to the Marly Hotel!

It was an amazing stay and we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Sea View!!!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chasi
AngelaLorimer, Sales & Marketing Manager at The Marly Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our new 5 star Camps Bay Boutique Hotel.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and have shared your positive feedback with our team. Thank you for the constructive feedback with regards to the Breakfast, Room Service and Entrance. These have all been taken to heart and addresses were necessary.

When next you visit Cape Town, we do hope that you will choose The Marly as your accommodation of choice.

Angela Lorimer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

I really don't know where to start with my review except to say the hotel and especially the staff have left an impression on me that will last a lifetime!

I have stayed in many top rated hotels including the amazing Marina Bay Sands in Singapore, but believe me - I did not want to leave this place!

I was always greeted with a smile, staff knew me by name, but it felt personal - like I was speaking to my best friends - especially Nush, Ndumi and Lauren! Seriously a class act! Always there to help me and making time to make sure I was ok!

An example being when I had to leave early for an activity, I came back in the afternoon, and Nush (somehow!) knew I skipped my breakfast - thus I had not eaten all day.

Now breakfast stopped being served at 12pm, but then I hear a knock on my door and I am being served breakfast at 1pm that Nush had gone out of her way to arrange! I really can't put into words how I felt - I guess I felt like a rockstar being given vip treatment!

And then the rooms are just immaculate (I stayed in room 2)...lovely design, all the space you will ever need, clean, complimentary mini bar that is replenished every day (soft drinks and beer only) amazing views of the beach & mountains...wake up to the sound the waves crashing in the sea then just gaze at the beautiful sunsets in the evening! Pure bliss!

The beds are so comfortable I did not want to leave! And the tv had all the stations working (blockbuster movies and English Premiership football live) with a remote that didn't have the batteries running out!

I would regard myself as 'picky' when it comes to hotels - ie. I would always find a fault - but from the first day to the last - it was flawless! ...at a push I would say that the sink in the bathroom was a little high (I'm not short - just that I found it a little awkward when washing my face).

It's also worth mentioning the door to the bathroom is a sliding door with no lock so privacy may be an issue to others, but I was travelling solo, so wasn't an issue for me.

Oh and it's always tricky to find for the first time - I would suggest walk up the steps (at the side of the restaurant) and try and get yourself to the orange level in the car park...there you will see the entrance to the hotel...once you get your key and fob it becomes easier because you can then use the lift accessed via the mall.

I would stay here again in heartbeat...really miss the guys at the hotel - would I say that to anybody else at any other hotel? No. That's how good The Marly is.

Room Tip: It's always tricky to find for the first time - I would suggest walk up the steps (at the side o...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank f b
Thank you so much for this fantastic review.

Reading your review and sharing it with our team at The Marly, has made our month. Achieving 5 star service excellences is an on-going matter and we are thrilled that you got to experience this first hand at our new, contemporary boutique hotel in Camps Bay.

We so hope to welcome you back when next you visit Cape Town.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

We had a perfect experience at the Marly. My girlfriend and I planned a trip to Cape Town and I decided to use the opportunity to propose. I popped the question at Cape Point hours after getting in to Cape Town airport. We then headed back up the cape to check in at the Marly. The staff went over and above as I enlisted their help ahead of time to set up a bottle of champagne and some rose petals on the bed when we got to the room. It was a fantastic touch, and they pulled it off better than I could have hoped for, taking the liberty of adding a desert plate to the display.

The room was amazing, having one of the best ocean views I've ever seen, with the beach just a stone's throw in front of the window and the majestic Cape Mountains on either side of us. We also had our own spacious terrace with two beach chairs overlooking the ocean. My fiancé was blown away by the place, commenting that it was better than any boutique Miami hotel she had ever seen and better than the likes of the Delano or Shore Club.

Indeed the interior design of the place was impeccable and leaves one with no question why Cape Town was named the design capital of the world for 2014.

The service overall was unmatched from anything I've experienced. In addition to the engagement stunt mentioned above, I asked the staff to book a reservation at the Roundhouse restaurant overlooking Camps Bay (also an excellent choice when visiting). The staff specifically asked for a private dining room at the restaurant for us, telling them that it was for an engagement. I was surprised in addition to my fiancé at the dining arrangement when we arrived at the restaurant.

We couldn't have been happier with our experience. The Marly was a central part of a priceless memory that my fiancé and I will never forget.

Room Tip: Try to get a sea view. It's worth it.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
AngelaLorimer, Sales & Marketing Manager at The Marly Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you so much for this fantastic review.

We are so pleased that The Marly played such a special role in this unforgettable memory. We strive for 5 star service and to exceed expectations and am very happy to hear that this was achieved with your stay with us. We wish you all the best with your wedding arrangements and hope to possibly welcome you back on your honeymoon or even anniversary.

Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

Our travel agent recommended this boutique hotel and we are so happy that she did! From the moment that we arrived, we were treated as special guests. Everyone in the hotel knew our names and I must highly recommend the service by one of the employees there, Ndumi. She was an absolute sweetheart! It seemed as if there wasn't anything she wouldn't do for us. She managed our dinner reservations, and even though the restaurant was full, she somehow managed to get a table for four at 7:45 within an hour.

The entire hotel is beautifully situated. There is a very ample breakfast served downstairs in the Zen Zero restaurant, and there are so many places to see in that area, that had we not had a car, we would have been fine. It is close to a City Tour stop which was convenient.

The room was magnificent with a gorgeous view of the ocean. We have already decided that if we get the opportunity to return to Cape Town, we know that we will be staying at only The Marly!

Room Tip: If you have never been to Cape Town, this is a good beachy area to visit with lots of pubs and resta...
1 Thank SherTexas
Thank you so much for this feedback.

We have shared this with our team and so look forward to welcoming you back to The Marly on your next visit to Cape Town.

Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

My husband and I (on holiday from the UK) had a 3 day stay at the Marly before setting off to travel the garden route. The hotel was superbly located with fabulous views of table mountain and Camps Bay, easy access to surrounding restaurants, bars and boutiques. The staff were amazing - attentive, friendly and always available to assist with any request. Our room was one of the bst I have stayed in at a hotel and all the hotel furnishings are elegant, modern and comfortable.
We will definately go back and recommend this to anyone wanting a memorable stay in Camps Bay
Martin and Anita

Room Tip: Both sea views and Tble mountain views were great - spoiled for choice :-)
Dear Anita,

Thank you for the great review.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your experience at our new property, within The Kove Collection. The Marly is sister property to The Alphen Boutique Hotel in Constantia so pop in to visit when next in Cape Town.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

Been here for 5 days and it was great. Always visit CT / Camps Bay ones a year when we're on family visit in Hermanus. Had a great time and great diners at Umi restaurant. Great service, great food, perfect location!!! C U next year !!!

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Erik-Jan,

Thank you for the review. We will be waiting with open arms!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

The hotel had a great location right across from the beach. The affiliated restaurants were really excellent as well. We thought the service was excellent and attentive. The lobby and rooms are very modern and very comfortable. We recommend this place.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Steve,

Thank you for this wonderful review.
The Marly is part of The Kove Collection, which incorporates Paranga, UMI and Zenzero, amongst other, just below the hotel. We are thrilled that you got the opportunity to enjoy our 5 star service.

We hope to welcome you back soon.