The 12 Apostles Hotel & Spa (aka 12A) was the best place to start off our South African adventure.
12A is nestled below the 12 Apostles mountain range in Camps Bay, South Africa. The resort has an unobstructed 180°sweeping view of the coastline and the mountains. The hotel is elegant and luxurious, and is run at the height of efficiency, while still giving off a friendly, unstuffy vibe that allows you to relax and really feel like you are on vacation. The staff is very welcoming and friendly.
Our suite faced the ocean on the north wing of the hotel. The rooms are very large, almost as big as my first apartment in LA. The rooms had fine linens and amenities. The large bathrooms don’t seem like an afterthought, as they do in most hotels. There were fruit and nibbles in the room, as well as complimentary bottled water. Turn down service always came with a sweet treat.
The breakfast buffet in the Azure Restaurant is bountiful and worth getting up for in the morning. My husband enjoyed raw oysters and shrimp. We had an amazing dinner experience at the Azure as well. We had springbok for the first time as part of a prix fixe sampler for dinner, and it was sublime. The service is excellent as well, with a smiling wait staff, especially Elton. We enjoyed a traditional high tea in the Leopard Bar. Their tea service for two is more suitable for four, unless you haven’t eaten all day.
Our touring schedule was quite full, so we didn’t get a chance to enjoy the pool, spa, or hiking trails in the hills behind the hotels. Also, there is a movie screening room that seemed to be very popular, but we couldn’t make time for it. 12A is about 20-30 minutes from the V&A Waterfront and the hub of town, which for me, added to its allure. However, the hotel runs a free shuttle service to town every hour.
I wish we could have stayed longer. Maybe next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between the staggering 12 Apostles Mountain Range and the Atlantic Ocean, the uniquely located and luxurious Twelve Apostles Hotel & Spa offers the ultimate escape to relax and be pampered, while indulging in stunning beauty, discreet service and extraordinary charm. Within 10 minutes of the best beaches and 15 minutes from the waterfront. A proud member of The Leading Small Hotels of the World. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Twelve Apostles Hotel Camps Bay
- The 12 Apostles Hotel And Spa
- Twelve Apostles Hotel
- The Twelve Apostles Hotel And Spa Camps Bay, Cape Town, South Africa