“Absolute magic!”

The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Camps Bay
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Best location in all of Cape Town - a stone's throw from the water, 5 mins from the 'California' of Cape Town at Camps Bay and Clifton, 15 mins to the City and Waterfront, at the foot of the mountains - attentive and professional staff, very spacious and comfortable rooms, beautiful restaurants and bar area with unmatched sunset views across the ocean - the live singer Jeanie Oliver would give Sade a run for her money - the food is amazing... I can't say enough, make the budget fit because if sun, sea, sand, shopping, mountains and time out is your thing, you will not be disappointed :)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Horst F, General Manager at The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,

We are delighted to receive a review from you indicating the enjoyable time you had at The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa.

At our beautiful hotel guests can enjoy the best of both worlds - the tranquillity and pristine natural beauty surrounding the hotel, with Table Mountain National Park and the Atlantic Ocean Marine Reserve as backdrop. The hourly, complimentary shuttle service between the Hotel, Camps Bay and the V&A Waterfront allows guests easy access to both Camps Bay and Waterfront Restaurants.

I was delighted to read that we delivered a service that met your expectations. We have a very dedicated team of people who works incredibly hard and who takes great pride in consistently offering an exceptional experience to our guests.

Please note that the same level of care is taken to ensure a similar memorable experience at our other properties Bushman’s Kloof and The Oyster Box which form part of the wider Red Carnation Family.

The team at The Twelve Apostles looks forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I spent 2 nights at the Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa in Cape Town last July & had a very good experience with my family. I highly recommend this hotel. My husband had a room and our 3 kids were in a separate room next door. The rooms were very comfortable & with a beautiful ocean view. We enjoyed watching the sunset. The service is fantastic.
We all particularly liked to start the day with the amazing breakfast buffet.
The fitness room could use a little upgrade but overall a great hotel if you are looking for one in Cape Town.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Flo S

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa as your destination of choice, and sharing your experience with us and fellow-travellers.

The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa’s ‘child-friendly’ attitude is unique and unparalleled in South Africa making it a must for mums and dads who want to spoil each other and the whole family.

The team at The Twelve Apostles is thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us and would like to invite you to also experience our other properties Bushman’s Kloof and The Oyster Box, which form part of the wider Red Carnation Family.

Thank you for sharing your experience at The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa with us and other travellers. We are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I have had the best stay of my life at the Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa. They have the best service I have ever experienced.

I gave them an itinerary of the way I wanted the weekend to go, and they made sure everything went according to my plans. It was the most amazing experience I have ever had.

The Spa treatments was relaxing and amazing. The food was delicious, and so well made. Each dish was well balanced in taste and look. The rooms was luxurious and comfortable. And the grounds around the place was well kept and the view was absolutely breathtaking!

All in all, it was the best well rounded stay I have ever had at any hotel. It was so good, I just had to post a review about it.

Room Tip: Rooms that have a sea view is the best, waking up while looking at the sea is absolutely worth it.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Adolph Z
Horst F, General Manager at The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to leave your very kind words following your stay at The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa.

I was delighted to read that you had a wonderful time with us and got to sample all that the hotel has to offer.

I really do hope that you come back and stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Everything was perfect, except fews details ( the service was quite slow for the order during the breaksfast or at the spa to get a loocker) but we was having time to nejoy so not a problem for us.
We was celebrating my birthday and I get a cake on the room, an another cake for dinner and even a special gift ! They will do everything they can to accomodate you.
During the winter they get really nice special, check on the website.

Room Tip: The roon 426 is nicely situated with a partial wiew of the mountain and the ocean plus you get a wat...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank belegaer_cpt

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer

Congratulations once again on your birthday! Thank you for your lovely review following your recent stay with us at The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa.

We have a very dedicated team of people who works incredibly hard and who take great pride in consistently offering an exceptional experience to our guests. I have passed your praise to the whole team, who were equally delighted to hear it.

We do like to spoil our guests with little treats on special occasions and I am delighted that we have created such a memorable and lasting impression with the birthday cake and gift in your room.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa in the not too distant future and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance with any future bookings.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Great location, great room, and wonderful, attentive staff. The Azure Restaurant was very cozy with excellent food and a good wine list containing some very good and reasonably priced South African wines. I would highly recommend both the hotel and restaurant

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jan S

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer

I was really happy that we delivered a service that met your expectations. All of the team here always try their hardest to anticipate our guest’s needs and like I always do have passed on your kind words to them.

Thank you again for staying with us, we look forward to your next visit.

Warm regards,

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I personally find the food at the Twelve Apostles Hotel & Spa hit and miss.. It can be lovely one day & not great at all the following week... However for a sundowner or a view to die for then this is the place to be! Service can be slow but the staff are so friendly and accommodating and that aside once you have a drink in hand all you have to do is enjoy the beautiful views and complimentary snacks! Situated on one of the most scenic drives in Cape Town this is a venue you do not want to miss!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank SammyKim

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,

Thank you for your review following you recent stay with us at The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa.

There is indeed no better spot than the Twelve Apostles Hotel to enjoy fresh oysters and sparkling wine while you are overlooking the crashing waves of the Atlantic.

Please rest assured that we have taken your comments on board and will be reviewing service in the areas that you have highlighted to ensure that your experience was a most unfortunate once off and that other guests do not encounter similar situations in future.

Thank you for bringing these matters to my attention, we truly value your feedback

Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is my favorite hotel in Cape Town. Very friendly staff and beautiful views. Breakfast is the highlight, you will not find better anywhere. Leopard Lounge, nice place to relax. Rooms are top notch. Wife and myself made use of the Spa which was great. This was our 5th visit to the 12 Apostles and we also got married here two years ago. I will always return.

Room Tip: Ocean facing room with a balcony. Superb.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sam E

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on the site. We are delighted that we had the pleasure of looking after you once again.
I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay - our goal is to always provide a "home from home" experience to all guests visiting The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa.
I have passed your praise to the whole team, who were equally delighted to hear that you had another enjoyable stay. It is always wonderful to hear such positive feedback, and it motivates us to work even harder when our high level of service is acknowledged.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our beautiful Hotel again in the not too distant future and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance with any future bookings.

The team at The Twelve Apostles looks forward to your next visit.

Warm regards,

#12 of 110 in Cape Town Central
Cape Grace
Cape Grace
#7 of 110 in Cape Town Central

Been to The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!