The hotel is situated in a beautiful setting between the 12 Apostles mountains and the Atlantic Ocean. The rooms are what one would expect from a four / five star hotel. I would suggest you get a sea view room if possible as the sun sets at that side of the hotel and the mountain-view room’s vista, particularly in the evening, is not quite as spectacular. Staff were very attentive. We didn’t try the restaurant other than for breakfast which was abundant and of very high quality, The health spa was pure luxury and tranquillity – one of the best I’ve been to in the world.
My 3 negatives are
Taxi’s booked via the hotel are extortionately priced (x3 the normal rate). However, if you are going to Camps Bay or the Waterfront there is a complimentary shuttle bus every hour. – Book early to avoid disappointment.
The gym is tiny with 3 pieces of CV equipment and the air con is not great. That said on 5 visits we had it to ourselves 4 times.
I have been to Cape Town before and in my opinion the place to stay is the Waterfront (lot’s of bars & restaurants). Whilst the 12 Apostles is very nice you are limited to their restaurant / catering in the evening unless you want to pay for a taxi as the shuttle bus stops at 8pm which is a real shame as the Waterfront / Camps Bay / other area’s have some fab restaurants. I would highly recommend La Colombe at Constantia Utsig winery, Emily’s, Balducci’s and Willoughby’s at the Waterfront.
I hope you find this helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between the staggering 12 Apostles Mountain Range and the Atlantic Ocean, the uniquely located and luxurious Twelve Apostles Hotel & Spa offers the ultimate escape to relax and be pampered, while indulging in stunning beauty, discreet service and extraordinary charm. Within 10 minutes of the best beaches and 15 minutes from the waterfront. A proud member of The Leading Small Hotels of the World. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Twelve Apostles Hotel Camps Bay
- The 12 Apostles Hotel And Spa
- Twelve Apostles Hotel
- The Twelve Apostles Hotel And Spa Camps Bay, Cape Town, South Africa