I was lucky to have the opportunity to stay at this great property for four nights in March 2013. This LHW boutique five star property is located along the coast just underneath it's namesake Twelve Apostles range of Table Mountain.
This luxury property is just the place to relax and enjoy all that Cape Town has to offer and is rated the number one property in Cape Town.
Many of the 70 rooms and suites have stunning ocean or Table Mountain views. The rooms are varied in size and style and views but even the classic rooms are well appointed. The small but lovely bathroom came with great products including bath salts and large towels. All categories of rooms come with 2 sets of robes - the classic Turkish and my preference, the cotton kimono.
The dining venues have beautiful view. Even if you don't stay at the hotel, a stop at the Leopard Bar for sunset drinks is a must do in Cape Town. Dining options are varied and delicious and the breakfast buffet is outstanding including fresh oysters and sparkling wine and dining on the outside terrace with the ocean and Lion’s Head views is a perfect way to stay the day.
Service at the hotel is outstanding and very personalized. There are two pools - one in the rocks with Table Mountain in the back and the other on the Atlantic Ocean. The resort has a small but great spa with hot and cold plunge pools and a salt-water floatation tank. They also have a private cinema room that shows films and can be reserved for a group.
It's a great honeymoon spot perfect for romance. There are even two hidden gazebos for private treatments or a catered picnic. There are very nice venues for small or large events and we had the opportunity to experience a great dinner in one. Food and service is great.
Unless on a strict budget, avoid the classic rooms as they are small and dark since they face a rock wall. But if you choose the classic, the rooms is still only steps from great views from anywhere in the hotel.
The hotel is located outside of Cape Town and the taxi ride depending on the time of day (it's a 2 lane coastal road) can be expensive ($30). However, Camps Bay is close by with shops and a lively nightlife.
I can highly recommend this wonderful unique property for a memorable stay in South Africa!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between the staggering 12 Apostles Mountain Range and the Atlantic Ocean, the uniquely located and luxurious Twelve Apostles Hotel & Spa offers the ultimate escape to relax and be pampered, while indulging in stunning beauty, discreet service and extraordinary charm. Within 10 minutes of the best beaches and 15 minutes from the waterfront. A proud member of The Leading Small Hotels of the World. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Twelve Apostles Hotel Camps Bay
- The 12 Apostles Hotel And Spa
- Twelve Apostles Hotel
- The Twelve Apostles Hotel And Spa Camps Bay, Cape Town, South Africa