POD Camps Bay(Camps Bay)(Great Value!)
$156
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of $266/night.

Atlanticview Cape Town Boutique Hotel(Camps Bay)(Great Value!)
$159
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $226/night.

Primi Royal(Camps Bay)(Great Value!)
$106
$92
The Bay Hotel(Camps Bay)(Great Value!)
$106
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $130/night.

Ocean View House(Camps Bay)(Great Value!)
$92
$78
Priceline
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $94/night.

The Place on the Bay(Camps Bay)(Great Value!)
$66
$59
Priceline
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $81/night.

Blue Views Villas and Apartments(Camps Bay)(Great Value!)
$58
Agoda.com
South Beach Camps Bay(Camps Bay)(Great Value!)
$116
$113
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $168/night.

3 On Camps Bay Boutique Hotel(Camps Bay)(Great Value!)
1,739 results
All reviewsleopard barazure restauranttwelve apostlesoystershead conciergecape townshuttle servicehigh teafree shuttlemain restaurantattention to detailtreated like royaltysea facing roomworld classamazing hotelthe atlantic oceanluxury room
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed here for a few nights last week with my two daughters (18 and 20) and my sister and brother in law.

The suites are beautifully decorated and furnished, with balcony or private terrace area and super duper bathrooms (if you don't mind seeing yourself from every conceivable angle in the mirrored walls). To my delight, there were also tea and coffee making facilities - so often overlooked, I find!

The service was second to none, as you would expect at this price. The staff were friendly and courteous and we felt welcome. Laundry was returned swiftly and wrapped so exquisitely that, for a moment, I thought a secret admirer had sent me a gift! Housekeeping was carried out discreetly while we were out or eating breakfast. I feel it was a little over zealous in that I don't enjoy my robe being tied into an impenetrable, if elegant, knot every day or my carefully chosen pillow being returned to the wardrobe. I also don't appreciate returning to find lights on and two tvs displaying the hotel channel, when there's a card in the room asking us to be mindful of the environment.

The shuttle bus goes into town every hour - returning on the half hour, upon request. It takes about 20 minutes. We made good use of this and enjoyed chatting to the drivers and other guests, and picking up some tips and ideas of things to do. The hotel also provided us with a driver (Russell) who took us on a four hour mystery tour, stopping at some wonderful places that we wouldn't even have thought to visit. This was a highlight and we saw far more than we would ever have done otherwise.

We had planned to visit Robben Island, and assumed we could just tip up at the ferry stop on the day. Not so it seems. The night before we wanted to go, one of the shuttle drivers told us we really should have booked. Upon checking with the hotel, the tours were indeed sold out for the rest of our stay. However, somehow, in the time it took to eat an ostrich burger, the hotel had secured tickets for us for the next morning. No doubt they even arranged the awesome whale sighting on the way home!

This really was a whistle stop visit to Cape Town. As such, we were out a great deal and didn't even eat in the main restaurant, except for breakfast (which didn't disappoint, except I wish they'd give us pots of coffee rather than having to ask for refills). We did eat in the cafe by the rock pools, which was very pleasant, though the water was freezing, according to my girls. One night the girls ordered a dvd and this arrived with popcorn, sweeties and milkshakes...a nice touch.

There was a wedding on while we were there, which didn't adversely affect us at all. I only mention it because the reception room was utterly divine, and probably the nicest I have ever seen.

I think that this hotel is a superb base for people who want to see the city and the surrounding area. I wouldn't recommend it for those who want to spend time there, because the road is really very noisy. I was expecting a quiet seaside location, but it feels as if you are in town. The ocean view isn't spectacular...no beach, just rocks. Maybe the mountain view rooms would be more peaceful. However, I must say the sliding doors do keep out the sound at night, and I slept like a log.

All in all, a top hotel with every creature comfort and an excellent standard of service, cleanliness and facilities. If they could shift the whole thing back a couple of hundred metres, they could charge double!

Room Tip: If I return, I will ask for a mountain view. As a smoker, I spend quite a bit of time on the balcony.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank jackiereith
AMAdvisor, Rooms Division Manager at The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa and for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers.

Thank you also for mentioning Russell specifically. Russell epitomizes the service values and ethics we strive to uphold at the hotel and I will ensure that this is shared with him at our next employee appreciation party.

We are naturally delighted you enjoyed your time with us and hope you will consider returning to us on many future occasions. Please also consider our other properties Bushman's Kloof and The Oyster Box which form part of the wider Red Carnation Family.

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We had a late lunch at the Leopards Lounge at the 12 apostles. What an amazing experience. Our waiter Sibusiso was an absolute gem, from finding us the perfect spot to sit with stunning views of the ocean and mountains. The prawns were delightful and the cheese board was one of the best that I have seen. Also a fantastic spot to have sundowners and just chill.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
AMAdvisor, Rooms Division Manager at The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,

We are delighted to receive a review from you indicating the enjoyable time you had at The Leopard Bar at The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa.

Our award winning Executive Chef, Henrico Grobbelaar, prides him in the exceptional quality of local produce and there is indeed no better spot than the The Leopard Bar to enjoy a cocktail while you are overlooking the crashing waves of the Atlantic Ocean.

I am overjoyed that our team took good care of you whilst here and that Sibusiso had such a positive impact on your time with us. Sibusiso epitomizes the service values and ethics we strive to uphold and I will ensure that this is shared with him at our next employee appreciation party.

The team at The Twelve Apostles looks forward to your next visit.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife and I stayed in the Twelve Apostles whilst on honeymoon in South Africa. I wanted my wife to enjoy the freedom that traveling from place to place as fancy takes you, so we had not booked any accommodation in Cape town prior to returning from the winelands and Hermanus.
As a result we rolled into Camp's Bay around 6pm with no idea where we would be staying that night. I felt sure this place would be out of our price range, as it is clearly an upmarket resort, but thought we'd try our luck anyway.
I don't remember exactly, but I seem to recall being told the room rate was around the $1200 per night mark, however, as it was evening already we were offered a room for around a quarter of this price. We explained it was our honeymoon, and the very courteous and helpful desk clerk was hopeful that they would be able to accommodate us.
Initially shown a classic room, we were disappointed, as others have mentioned, that our room overlooked the noisy highway. The view of the bay is spectacular, but this is the only time I have encountered two sets of double glazed doors to a balcony. As the whole point of the balcony is to be outside we asked for a different room, and taking into account our status as honeymooners were offered a wonderful suite on the mountain facing side.
With a complementary bottle of fizz also waiting for us we felt we were bring properly spoiled!
Making a reservation for us at Blue's restaurant in Camp's Bay and informing them also that we were on honeymoon ensured that we received excellent service there too.
I found the whole experience of staying in this hotel to be one of the best I have encountered anywhere. A fantastic location with excellent facilities and friendly and helpful staff. It was certainly the highlight of our stays during our honeymoon. We remained as long as we could the next day, my wife enjoying the spa facilities whilst I relaxed in the room.

Room Tip: As mentioned, the wonderful bay view comes with the price of the highway noise. Fine through closed windows, but otherwise the mountain view rooms are the ones to go for. You can always enjoy the bay view at breakfast!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jim l
AMAdvisor, Rooms Division Manager at The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2012

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer

Congratulations once again on your recent marriage! We trust that your day was filled with happy memories of the past and bright hopes for the future.

Thank you for choosing to spend part of your honeymoon with us at The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa. We are delighted that we have been able to be part of your very special memories.

The team at The Twelve Apostles is thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us and would like to invite you to also experience our other properties Bushman’s Kloof and The Oyster Box, which form part of the wider Red Carnation Family.

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel overlooking the ocean with many of the rooms hosting an ocean or partial ocean view and rooms as well facing the mountain and it's greenery. The hotel is not in the wharf area or near downtown Cape Town but set outside of town nestled below Table Mountain really all by itself. Access to the wharf area and other attractions is easy if you have a car but the hotel also has a complimentary shuttle to the wharf area for guests. We had a car and a Garmin so we traveled on our own everywhere driving on the "wrong" side of the road. Our deluxe room happened to have a partial ocean view which was beautiful though we just weren't in the room long enough to enjoy it. Even though we were there 4 nights, we were on the go and enjoying everything about Cape Town, the Winelands, Gansbaai and shark cage diving, etc. Our daughter's room faced the mountain and though the room was a bit small, it was still wonderful and perfect for a brief stay. The weather was nice and cool so we could open the terrace door and enjoy the breezes in both rooms. We really enjoyed sitting on their deck outside the Leopard Bar and watching the sunset most evenings and dinner in the Azure restaurant was a special treat. The main reason we loved this hotel was the staff - everyone from the parking attendant, the front desk, the staff in the bar and restaurant were friendly and willing to help in anyway. On early morning outings one could request breakfast bags which included fruit, pastries, water and other goodies - this bag is waiting for you in the lobby as you exit for your shark dive or winelands tour. You must request it the night before however. One morning we requested coffee to go and it was waiting for us. This hotel was included in an air and hotel package from the USA that we found that also included two nights near Kruger National Park. We loved staying here and would recommend it to others. If you want to be in the downtown area then there are many many hotels and guesthouses in that area. We loved the "alone" and quiet time here at the Twelve Apostles and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 427 had a partial ocean view with a nice deck, table and chairs and was probably the furtherest from the lobby. It was really a quiet room with no one walking by our room in the evenings. We were so tired we probably wouldn't have noticed anyway.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,

We are delighted to receive a review from you indicating the enjoyable time you had at The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa.

At our beautiful hotel guests enjoy the best of both worlds…the tranquility and pristine natural beauty surrounding the hotel, with Table Mountain National Park and the Atlantic Ocean Marine Reserve as backdrop, yet only 15 minutes away from the hustle and bustle of all the city attractions and the V&A Waterfront.

Many thanks for staying with us, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Beautiful property nestled right on the ocean with a backdrop of mountains, the views are to die for.Luxurious rooms with all the trimmings reflect the aura of oceanfront living.The Azure Restaurant and Leapord Lounge also offered stunning views along with world class cuisine.Mountainside spa ,rock pool,gym,24 hr cafe and cinema were great amenities and the icing on the cake was a complimentary helicopter trip from the hotel to the VA Docks in Cape Town.
From the moment we arrived till the time we departed the staff treated us like royalty with our happiness being their ultimate goal.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
AMAdvisor, Rooms Division Manager at The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,

Situated at the water’s edge of a marine reserve we are privileged to enjoy frequent whale and dolphin sightings along the Atlantic Ocean and there is indeed no better spot than the Twelve Apostles Hotel to enjoy fresh oysters and sparkling wine while you are overlooking the crashing waves of the Atlantic.

Our staff takes great pride in seeing that our guests’ needs are met, and are therefore delighted that you had such an enjoyable time. Please note that the same level of care is taken to ensure a similar memorable experience at our other properties Bushman’s Kloof and The Oyster Box which form part of the wider Red Carnation Family.

The team at The Twelve Apostles looks forward to your next visit.