We arrived in Camps bay and after a long journey this place was just the perfect place to be, the grounds are gorgeous and the sun set is just always breath taking. The staff were so kind and helpful- including booking our day trips for us. We were the only people staying in the hotel it felt like but the service did not reflect that at all, we had dinner here one night and it was like our own private dining experience and the best steak we had the whole time we were in SA (we were there three weeks). The breakfast was amazing- the homemade muesli and fruit- OMG out of this world. Their homemade lemonade was like nothing we have ever tasted!
We did take up on the hotel driver most evenings and he was a perfect gentleman and the cars were just lovely! To my surprise we had hot water bottles in our bed every evening with water beside our bed and a homemade fudge, it was a truly amazing experience and the dogs were just so behaved and gorgeous! My only fault with this place was that the gym was at another hotel and although the transfer was free it just made you not want to go! You will not be disappointed here its so relaxed and quiet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Camps Bay Retreat Luxury Boutique Hotel is a sanctuary for the soul, set on four acres of lush green nature reserve. With a mountain meditation pool, thickets of trees, waterfalls and streams, it is a peaceful paradise, where meditative moments are waiting to be had. Views stretch across the ever-changing Atlantic Ocean and along the peaks of the Twelve Apostles Mountain Range, from the Deck House and The Villa. The estate has features such as four pools, a tennis court, a spa and a fine dining restaurant. Dine in the old world splendour of the original manor house, where The Retreat Kitchen's executive chef creates a daily menu of gourmet fare, combining a symphony of fresh ingredients from local markets. Food is paired exquisitely with celebrated wines from the region, best experienced as part of a candlelit three course affair! Spoil yourself with a choice of massages, treatments and facials at the spa. Spend the day luxuriating in the spa, relaxing in the sauna and being revitalized with a deep tissue massage. A refuge for the body and a haven for the mind, you'll unravel and surrender to the tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Camps Bay Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camps Bay Retreat Hotel Camps Bay
- Hotel Camps Bay
- Retreat Hotel Camps Bay
- Camps Bay Retreat Cape Town, South Africa