I fell in love with this property just over 2 years ago and even had our fairytale-like wedding there. We made the guest list small enough so that we could fit into this perfect location - it's nestled in a private nature reserve with a cascading pool from the turn of the century hidden in the lush surroundings. Ask Ben, Bella and Wanda (very attentive hotel dogs) to accompany you there ;-) The chef, Robyn, is phenomenal - she is young, dynamic and knows where to source the best produce. My recommendation - for dinner try the chalmar beef with a perfect pepper sauce. The wine selection is also fab and not ridiculously priced. The rooms are diverse - in the Earl's Dyke (Manor House) you'll find rooms which stay true to the style of the house - old romantic and great art collection throughout. The rooms across the hanging bridge are more modern - room 6 is an apartment essentially and great for longer stays. The tennis court is the only privately owned one I know of on the Atlantic Seaboard and you can watch the sunset over the ocean as you perfect your serve.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Camps Bay Retreat Luxury Boutique Hotel is a sanctuary for the soul, set on four acres of lush green nature reserve. With a mountain meditation pool, thickest of trees, waterfalls and streams, it is a peaceful paradise, where meditative moments are waiting to be had. Views stretch across the ever-changing Atlantic Ocean and along the peaks of the Twelve Apostles Mountain Range, from the Deck House and The Villa. The estate has features such as four pools, a tennis court, a spa and a fine dining restaurant. Dine in the old world splendour of the original manor house, where Von Kamptz Restaurant's executive chef creates a daily menu of gourmet fare, combining a symphony of fresh ingredients from local markets. Food is paired exquisitely with celebrated wines from the region, best experienced as part of a candlelit three course affair! Spoil yourself with a choice of massages, treatments and facials at the spa. Spend the day luxuriating in the spa, relaxing in the sauna and being revitalized with a deep tissue massage. A refuge for the body and a haven for the mind, you'll unravel and surrender to the tranquility ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Camps Bay Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camps Bay Retreat Hotel Camps Bay
- Hotel Camps Bay
- Retreat Hotel Camps Bay
- Camps Bay Retreat Cape Town, South Africa