“Great day touring the Peninsula”
Review of Skaris Touring

Skaris Touring
Ranked #2 of 9 things to do in Camps Bay
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Skaris Touring specializes in private tours in the Western Cape and operates out of Camps Bay.Harley Davidson day tours, Harley Davidson Chauffeur rides, Jeep Chauffeur rides for large groups, Shark Cage diving, helicopter flips & Private day tours in my Mercedes Vito .
Reviewed October 24, 2013

My wife and I had 3 nights in Cape Town following a safari in Botswana. I had prearranged with George to be met at the airport and sure enough, coming out of customs, we found a charming gentleman to greet us with our names on a sign. While George was not able to be there himself due to a prior obligation, he had sent a trusted associate, Gary, who took care of us and was just incredible. In addition to the airport transfers in a very comfortable Mercedes van, we had scheduled a tour of the Cape Peninsula. Gary was punctual, informative, courteous and very knowledgeable about the area and South Africa in general. We were delighted with his professionalism and thoroughly enjoyed the tour and our experience.

Also, George had booked our reservation for us in a small boutique hotel, securing a discount where none was otherwise available as he personally knew the owner of the property. Just another benefit of booking with George Skaris. I would absolutely recommend his services.

Skaris, Owner at Skaris Touring, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Hi Ron
Many thanks for the great words. I will pass your compliments on to Gary. Hes a fantastic Guide...
I am really happy you enjoyed your time in my little Village and hopefully we will meet on your next trip. I'm also happy you enjoyed that little Boutique Hotel, its very special.
Thank you again for making use of Skaris Touring for your vacation requirements.
All the best and please stay in touch
Regards

Reviewed October 8, 2013

AWESOME is the only way to describe George and his excursions!

Travelling alone to Cape Town for a mini holiday, I was met at the airport by George and immediately felt at ease in his company.

Apart from the trips I had booked with George- a day touring on the back of his Harley Davidson which was simply one of the best things I have EVER done – we visited so many places - and another day visiting the cheetah sanctuary, Table Mountain and the delightful wine districts of Stellenbosch and Franschhoek - nothing was too much trouble – George is very knowledgeable on local history and freely shared his knowledge of places to eat out, shop or even to take a nice walk.

His desire to ensure you get the most from your visit to his hometown of which he is clearly very proud and his knowledge of surrounding areas, is second to none. He caters for all tastes – whether you want an active holiday or just to relax and unwind.

I cannot recommend George highly enough to anyone travelling to this beautiful part of South Africa.

I’m already planning my return trip as there is far too much to cover on one short trip!

Skaris, Owner at Skaris Touring, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Hi K....
Many thanks for the great positive response, must appreciated, The only thing was that you should have stayed longer... there are still some things we need to do and see... next time...
Great to meet you and thanks again for booking me for your tours. Im glad you had fun.
Hope to see you soon
All the best

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I belong to a group of girlfriends who go away once a year for a little R&R and some downtime from the hubbies and kids (of which we have 19 between the 9 of us - children that is, NOT husbands!). This year, the organisers arranged for us to visit Cape Town and they hired George to be our chauffeur, tour guide and all round nice guy! And that he was...
As a group we have all been to, or lived in , Cape Town so I loved the flexibility of the tours. When nothing was happening at the restaurant we thought we would go to for dinner, he took us to Beluga instead (and booked a table for us) - which was wonderful! When we needed to stop for a toilet break, we did so at a quaint place in Kommetjie (not just the Engen garage).
George was knowledgable, dependable and lots of fun! I would highly recommend him for anyone wanting to see the best that the Cape has to offer - with their own itinerary and at their own pace!

Skaris, Owner at Skaris Touring, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Hey My Yummy M group... many thanks for the sweet review, most kind of you....
Ja, must say its not often i get to show off my town to a gorgeous group of 9 ladies, i felt like a KING. Loved the music, energy and laughs.... thanks for booking with me.
Was so nice to meet you all and hope to see you all again for the next YM tour.
OH ja, found my teeth (private joke, you have to tour with me to see them.... :)

George x

Reviewed July 21, 2013

George is truly good at what he does, he is knowledgeable, professional and has a great sense of humor. We were traveling with three kids under 9 and George was very good with them. He made sure that the kids had plenty of entertainment, making sure and stopping to see animals and other oddities along the way. We were introduced to great food, incuding local's restaurants that may not be in your tradidional tourist routes. Everyone in our group of 10 felt at ease with George. He was very good at answering our questions giving us insightful information about the history, geography or just simply daily cultural mores in SA. Thanks George!!!

Skaris, Owner at Skaris Touring, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Hey Big G...
Many thanks for the great review, i really appreciate it. Your group was amazing, kids were fantastic, never seen so much Sushi been eaten :)

Hope to see you guys back again and good luck for November

I really hope to get to your part of the world one day.... Hi to M and B

all the best

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Joining my wife for a look around Cape Town for the first time before her work conference, we were greeted by a very friendly and personable George Skaris from Skaris Touring for our airport transfers! It was perfect weather, so we decided to follow a friend's recommendation and make going to the top of Table Mountain our first priority. So, we asked George if he was free to take us up there that afternoon, and do a half-day Cape Town sightseeing tour afterwards - and we're glad to say he was! We're really glad we engaged his services! George was friendly, conversational, and though definitely an extrovert, not obtrusive. The Table Mountain experience was great and was enhanced with some of the extra information thrown in by George. And the CT half day tour was fun and flexible, aided by George's knowledge of traffic conditions allowing a smooth ride from point to point. Probably one of the highlights was viewing Sea lions up-close-and-personal at a special little spot known to few! We could even take close up shots from the van - we were that close. Ask George to take you there when you book! :) Overall, a very satisfying tour - and would highly recommend George for your tour needs in Cape Town! Thanks again George!

Skaris, Owner at Skaris Touring, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear Jenny and Sian
Thanks for the kind words, you guys were great. I enjoyed spending time with you and thanks for keeping me on the right track... :) (know what i mean!!)
hope to see you back in CT with the kids some day
Best regards