We finished our holiday in South Africa with 6 nights at Ocean View. Whilst it had many good points, we were a bit disappointed with the room we got, but perhaps we had been spoilt elsewhere!
Our room was described as "luxury" room, but it fell short of the luxury we had experienced at other hotels in SA. It was quite small and it didn't have a bath- only a shower. The bed was only queen-sized and the room had limited decoration and facilities. I would compare it to a room at a Premier Inn in the UK, although it was a bit more tasteful than them. Overall, it fell short of what I would consider to be "luxury".
Apart from that, we had few complaints. Our balcony, although small, had lovely views of the coast and enjoyed full evening sunshine. There was a nice pool area with towels and cushioned sunloungers, plus a small garden, all of which were looked after really well by the maintanance staff.
The staff were really friendly and helpful, gave us good advice (like to go to Fish Hoek for the best beach)! They checked if Table mountain was open, checked that our flight home was OK and supplied fresh milk to our room each day (as we don't like UHT)! They gave us advice and arranged for us to extend our departure from the room until the evening on our last day, even though they were almost full that night. All told, we couldn't fault the service.
They only served breakfasts, but these were superb, with the best range of fruit, cereals, meats and cakes we came across on our stay in SA. They also fresh cooked a full "english" breakfast as required. We walked each evening to Camps Bay and enjoyed the restaurants there, which were of a good quality. We felt quite safe doing that, even though it was dark when we came back.
So it's not too bad really!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury 4 Star Guest House with Ocean View and park-like Gardens in Camps Bay/Bakoven. Breakfast is included in the rate and light lunches are served. 1.5km to Camps Bay Promenade & beach. Free secure parking. Free WIFI. Solar heated swimming Pool. Great location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ocean View House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean View Guest House Hotel Bakoven
- Ocean View House Camps Bay, Cape Town, South Africa