We stayed In Fairways On The Bay for 9 days in March which is part of Place On the Bay,infact i would call it an annexe,decribed as boutique in all the brochures! We were recommended by friends who have stayed at Place on the Bay before and when we could not book there because of availability were happy to go next door to the Fairways.We had been in South Africa for 3 weeks previous to arriving at Camps Bay,and had excellent B&B accomodation(4/5 Star) at a number of places and were really looking forward to our final week in the Cape Town area.
When we arrived and were shown to our room I have to say initially we were very disappointed,this is an old house converted into accomodation and is certainly not boutique.To be fair the room was very comfortable with a balcony and side view of the beach and once we got used to it I guess it was OK,but needs some updating to classify it as boutique.The Italian restaurant within the complex was excellent and good value,and the position of Fairways was good,just off the busy main road but still close to the beach.
The position of Place On The Bay and its small pool all just across the road from the beach together with all the restaurants and bars so close was excellent,and the staff were very helpful and attentive.
Our last night we moved into Place On the Bay and one of the two storey apartments which was very nice and well equipped,with a balcony and great views of the beach,but as commented by another of your subscribers was "tired"and in need of some modernisation.
When we return to SA which we will at some point and go back to Camps Bay would we stay there again?.....yes certainly at Place On the Bay and in a couple of years time hopefully some updating will have taken place to the apartments in this lovely location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Place on the Bay, situated along the beach-front road enjoys an undisturbed picturesque view of the white sandy beaches, the palm fringed bay and the majestic Twelve Apostle Mountains. The hotel is perfectly positioned in Cape Town`s trendiest suburb, Camps Bay, 15 minutes' drive from the Cape Town CBD.The Place on the Bay hotel offers 21 serviced hotel apartments. All are elegantly furnished en suite bedrooms with a kitchen, king/queen-size beds, Samsung LCD TV with satellite television, air-conditioning unit, coffee/tea-making facilities and a bar fridge. The suites are serviced daily and guests have access to the outdoor pool and braai(BBQ) facilities. The luxurious and exclusive five-star penthouse with its private heated swimming pool and sundeck, caters for all your personal needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Cancelon so you can book your The Place on the Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Place On The Bay Hotel Camps Bay
- The Place On Bay
- Place On The Bay Camps
- The Place On The Bay Camps Bay, Cape Town, South Africa