To be clear the Place on the Bay is not a hotel and is in fact self catering accommodation. The morning reception staff were so rude and unhelpful I could barely speak to them.
We asked for a sea view and or balcony. Answer no.
There is no free wi fi. You have to buy vouchers.
There is no water/drinks machine/mini bar/bar. We were told only that the supermarket is nearby (which it wasn’t and didn’t sell alcohol).
There is no snack bar only the restaurant they own next door.
There was no dvd available when it rained.
Check out was at 10am without exception.
They lost the laundry I sent and I had to call to find it.
The shower screen in the bathroom was so small that it was impossible not to cover the floor with water.
They forgot to replace toilet roll and I had to call for some.
No bins in the pool area.
Swimming pool unheated and filthy.
Room wasn’t ready when we arrived (even though guests check out was at 10am)
The wardrobes had such a design flaw they were impossible to open or close properly and I had to request more hangers.
Toilet made a loud noise sporadically.
When it was windy I was told I could only put up the umbrella if I was prepared to pay for it if it got damaged.
And to finish our experience to use a shower after our 10am kick out was 250 Rand!!!!!
Do not stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Place on the Bay, situated along the beach-front road enjoys an undisturbed picturesque view of the white sandy beaches, the palm fringed bay and the majestic Twelve Apostle Mountains. The hotel is perfectly positioned in Cape Town`s trendiest suburb, Camps Bay, 15 minutes' drive from the Cape Town CBD.The Place on the Bay hotel offers 21 serviced hotel apartments. All are elegantly furnished en suite bedrooms with a kitchen, king/queen-size beds, Samsung LCD TV with satellite television, air-conditioning unit, coffee/tea-making facilities and a bar fridge. The suites are serviced daily and guests have access to the outdoor pool and braai(BBQ) facilities. The luxurious and exclusive five-star penthouse with its private heated swimming pool and sundeck, caters for all your personal needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Place on the Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Place On The Bay Hotel Camps Bay
- The Place On Bay
- Place On The Bay Camps
- The Place On The Bay Camps Bay, Cape Town, South Africa