All reviews sea castle great location cape town directly across the street guest house victoria road nice stay breakfast was included small hotel restaurants bars stayed here for nights sea front great room hop on hop off bus home from home fantastic views overlooking the ocean
Selected filters
Reviewed March 17, 2019 via mobile

We had multiple destinations planned for our trip to South Africa, but Primi Seacastle in Camps Bay was the perfect starting point. Camps Bay is a great location, right between CapeTown City center, and Hout Bay & the peninsula. So there is plenty to do; but Camps Bay itself is fairly small and quaint so it’s great for a relaxing start without feeling overwhelmed. Primi Seacastle is directly across the street from the beautiful beach, and just a few minutes walk from strip of restaurants. Michael was there to greet us & show us where to park when we arrived; he was also there to have a glass of wine (or a few) with guests in the evening, at the little bar area which is open to deck with pool and great sunset views over the ocean! This is a small hotel where, if you’re staying more than a few nights, you get to know the staff & really do feel at home. The rooms aren’t “fancy”; but they are clean, spacious and had everything we needed. Especially considering that you’re right on the beach, I felt it was definitely a good value for the price. Oh also if you like hiking, this is a great spot, with the Twelve Apostles looming behind you & Table Mountain nearby.
-Alesha & Mark

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2019 via mobile

Having stayed in the standard sea view rooms in the past I thought I would ‘upgrade’ to a suite.

Big mistake.

The small balcony and the sitting area were okay but the bedroom is behind in a sort of tunnel with no natural light and the bathroom behind that again with no light and no working ventilation.
The suite is ‘tired’, the windows don’t fit with the wind blowing through, the TV didn’t work despite attempts to reconnect it - and what sound system??
Of course the water restrictions in Cape Town don’t help and the water saving attachment to the sink taps sprayed more water on the floor than in the sink.

The staff did try to be as helpful as possible and the rating does not reflect on them.

At 4500 SAR per night it was very expensive for the amenities one received.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2019 via mobile

I experienced drilling nexto my room and complained about a headacke. The lady at reception was kind enough to ask the maintenance workers to stop while I lay down. I left after I felt better, but when I returned the manager took out his frustration on me for not noticing that I left. The basin and bathroom needs updating and the windows need washing. The location is very nice though and the breakfast was good.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed January 24, 2019

Primi Seaastle is a warm and welcoming guesthouse right at the beach of Camps Bay. Location is excellent, near the restaurants, but far enough, so you won´t get disturbed of any noise except the ocean waves :) Lovely breakfast and service.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed January 2, 2019

Hop skip and jump away from the world renowned camps bay beach and within 2 minutes of walking distance to a large variety of ocean facing restaurants. Michael at the front desk was a super friendly and helpful. Our suite was spacious, clean and had gorgeous views!! I stayed with my two teenagers who didn't complain at all. That says a lot.

Date of stay: December 2018