“Just what I needed” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Hussar Grill Camps Bay

The Hussar Grill Camps Bay
Ranked #1 of 47 Restaurants in Camps Bay
Cuisines: Steakhouse, European, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The original Hussar Grill in Rondebosch first opened its legendary brass doors in 1964 and today, after 50 years of excellence, it is regarded as one of South Africa's premier grillrooms. We go to endless lengths every day to maintain our multiple award-winning reputation by ensuring that we only purchase the finest and best quality produce available.
“Just what I needed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

So if you find yourself in Cape Town for the night, it's well worth the taxi ride here as not only do you get a great steak at the other end of it but a great view of bits of the coast you wouldn't see otherwise. My steak was fantastic and the service was what you would expect. If I get to go back I will defiantly go again.

• Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Vienna, Austria
“great place and best steak ever.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

lovely and competent team, good food, nice place. great place and best steak ever. shouldn't miss it. you better make a reservation.

Visited December 2012
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Amazing Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

I really loved the Hussar Grill. Probably best food we had in Cape Town. Cool 80s music was playing too which was fun!

Visited January 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Better than 5 Stars!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

This restaurant absolutely deserves its top ranking. If I could give more than 5 stars I would. We've been to this location more than once, and a different location as well. Both were fantastic. Food was divine. Service was top-notch. A few times we did not have a reservation and they accommodated us without fuss after a brief wait - but do make a reservation just to be safe.

I would seriously make a special trip to eat my last meal on earth at this place. The Chateaubriand fillet with brandy flambeé is that good, and is served with the best Béarnaise sauce I've ever tasted. The Madagascar peppercorn fillet is also heaven. Dessert was magnificent. Prices are excellent value for money.

Tip! You can bring your own bottle of wine and they do not charge a corkage fee!

• Visited December 2012
“Do not miss out!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Hussar Grill was everything we wanted and more! Food was fantastic! I ordered fillet cooked medium and the meat was so tender and cooked perfectly! The staff are lovely and make the environment very relaxed. Great value for money! We only went their last night but would be more than happy to head back for dinner tonight! Thanks for a lovely meal.