“Great Indian Restaurant in Camps Bay Cape Town”
Review of The Raj

The Raj
Ranked #12 of 47 Restaurants in Camps Bay
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Upmarket, yet relaxed INDIAN restaurant on the Camps Bay strip with Authentic North Indian cuisine served up by Indian Chefs from Delhi with years and years of experience. We are currently serving from this location for the past 7 years. The restaurant opens up on to the view of the Camps Bay beach and is a brilliant venue for a large group of friends, a romantic date or a even a business meeting. We offer a wide selection of vegetarian curries and some Jain & Vegan Options too. We are also Halaal-friendly. We have a full bar - Wine; beer; whiskies; spirits; craft beers and fresh cocktails of the season.
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We were a group of 18 people. The service from start to finish was excellent. The food which consisted of vegetarian, non-vegetarian and Jain foods were very good. The chef went out of his way to make sure all my guests were all happy. I highly recommend this restaurant. Bookings are essential to get a table especially Friday and Saturday evenings. During Winter they close earlier, therefore a good time to arrive is at 7pm or earlier. Restaurant situated opposite the beach and if clear skies one can watch the sunset.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

The food and service was very good. A great restaurant opposite Camps Bay beach. Watch the sun set whilst enjoying your meal. It is important to make a booking in advance to avoid disappointment.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Good! They knew what they were cooking. Had good meal. Appetizers arrived as soon as we ordered and meal also without any delay.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Being a lover of Indian food I had high expectations of this place, rather I must say i was quiet disappointed. I ordered the chicken Biryani in Mild, and it was so bland. Not much of a taste and not that many chicken pieces. Rather dry as well.

I an an avid fan of the Chicken Biryani at Bhukara and The Indian Chapter and by far The Indian Chapter tops it for me.

My husband had the Lamb Vindaloo that tasted as if the spices weren't cooked through properly.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Had the best chicken tikka here, which was a surprise for a Durbanite. Definitely worth coming back for. Service okayish.