“Service ZERO”

ZENZERO
Ranked #8 of 46 Restaurants in Camps Bay
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Italian flavor and style laced in Camps Bay Cool, resplendent with a splash of Kove Collection abundance. This is Zenzero. Zenzero wraps you shamelessly in 'La Dolce Vita' whilst gently caressing with a cool Atlantic breeze. Italian cuisine is all about fresh ingredients and homemade, full flavour. At Zenzero we pride ourselves on just this, the freshest ingredients with zesty, spicy and feisty touches. Alongside Zenzero's signature dishes and spirited vibe, an abundant selection of seafood, pastas and homemade desserts will surprise and delight any palate, through-out the year.
“Service ZERO”
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Zen Zero came very highly recommended on Trip Advisor so we were looking forward to pleasant evening and good food. Unfortunately the service was poor despite my husband counting 10 available staff at one point. Once service did arrive they might as well have wheeled a mannequin in and left it next to us - sad. The food was average, pasta lacked flavour and we left feeling disappointed. On the plus side the location, decor and ambience was great, maybe we were just unlucky after reading other positive comments.

Visited March 2013
Monique S, Public Relations Manager at ZENZERO, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Good Day,

Thank you for your feedback.

On behalf of the team, please accept our sincerest apology for the disappointing service and meal received on the evening in question. The comments will be discussed internally and necessary measures will be put in place to prevent a future occurrence.

We would appreciate an opportunity to make it up to you if possible. Please kindly get in touch with me on monique@kovecollection.co.za.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

• Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Good service, nice decor but not too much choice”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

The service was great and the restaurant very comfortable. The food was nice, but there want a huge amount of choice, and compared to other restaurants in the area was a bit on the pricey side. Nice location though and the staff were really pleasant

Visited March 2013
Monique S, Public Relations Manager at ZENZERO, responded to this review, April 4, 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent service with excellent food”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Fancied having pasta - so our hotel recommended we go here ....friendly welcome
and because of a nut allergy i couldn't have my dish i asked for the manager came out and spoke to me personally and arranged for the dish to be prepared without nuts- very friendly waiters and top notch food.

• Visited April 2013

www.tripadvisor.com
“Great way to end the day!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

After a full day of touring about the area, we were directed toward Zenzero by the owners of our guest house. After our first visit, we returned again before leaving town.

We had a great table toward the back of the restaurant which allowed us to see the action of the street but feel more relaxed and quiet. We were able to bring some of the wine that we had purchased on our wine tour in Stellenbosch and enjoy it with just a small corkage fee. Our server, Brown, was most cordial and delivered excellent service. The manager walked about the restaurant checking in with the customers to assure that everything was good. They were able to offer suggestions from the menu and answer any questions. We were not disappointed with any of the items that we ordered.

Within one restaurant, you can sit by the street and feel like you're at the beach or you can sit toward the rear where you get a sense of more upscale dining with a bit more ambiance! We loved our 2 nights at Zenzero!

• Visited March 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Not the best of visits... however, they did redeem themselves.”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Decided to visit this restaurant, looked appealing, busy, nice decor, looked like a great restaurant in Camps Bay. We were seated, made our drinks choices, which arrived promptly by which time we'd made our food choices and ordered. Our starters appeared a bit too promptly I thought and my dish was only warm, as a slow eater I need my food hot, so I sent it back, it arrived back, warmer but still not hot, I was now getting frustrated, my friends dish which had been sitting there whilst he waited for me was still hot. The third and last time my dish arrived it still wasn't as hot as my friends which had been sitting there for nearly 5 mins now. I had to rush my starter in order to consume it before it went cold, I didn't enjoy rushing my food, the food itself was very tasty but just not hot enough. So onto the mains. My friend ordered a meat dish, with rice on the side and I ordered a seafood linguine. I've never seen so much runny sauce on a seafood linguine ever, it was swimming in sauce! Tasted fine, plenty of seafood in it but the amount of sauce killed it somewhat so I left half of it. My friend's dish arrived and the chef took it upon themselves to put my friend's side order of rice onto the plate and cover it with the main course, which isn't what was ordered - he wanted the rice separatly as a side dish. My friend also left half of his dish also as he wasn't particularly enjoying it. We didn't complain about the main dishes, I'd had enough of complaining with my starter. We were approched by the manager who was informed we'd hadn't finished our main courses and had been briefed about the issues with my starter, she asked us about our meal and we explained the issues, the manager dealt with the situation professionally and in a friendly manner and wanted to ensure that all our issues were taken on board and that we left satisfied with the outcome, the manager wiped our bill including wine, which I wasn't expecting but very much appreciated. It would appear due to a very large birthday booking that were dinning that night, they had struggled at times. I appreciated her honesty and gesture and would have certainly gone back there again and given it another go, I think they deserved that. It's definitely one of the better restaurants in Camps Bay, think I caught them on an off day - we all have them! .

• Visited March 2013
Good Day,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the disappointing experience, it is most certainly not the norm at Zenzero.

I hope we are able to make it up to you in the near future.

Kind Regards,