All reviewsminute drivecape towngeraldalicehostsapostlesapartmentaccommodationbalconymountains
Reviewed March 24, 2015

We spent two days at Bayview Penthouses and stayed in the Seaview Room. The view is really amazing - one can literally lie in bed and watch ships go by and even with the curtains open the room is completely private. The room was exceptionally clean and it has a tranquil atmosphere. There were however a number of things that were not so pleasant and therefore I wouldn't stay there again. The first is that one needs to walk through the general entertainment area to get to the room's kitchenette and it doesn't have a door so it is completely open and therefore we didn't want to leave our food there (neither the fridge nor any one of the cupboards can lock either). If one sits at the dining table of the room's kitchenette any guest or staff member can see you from the general entertainment area because there is no door or partitioning. There is no tea and coffee facilities in the room and therefore one needs to go to the kitchenette to make coffee. This was very inconvenient for me as I like to make coffee first thing when I wake up in the morning and didn't want to get dressed in order to go to the kitchenette through the entertainment area where I could potentially see guests of staff. When I mentioned this on arrival the owner merely said that the plans of each room are on the website and implied I should have looked at it before hand. I checked the website subsequent to our conversation and it does not indicate where the kitchenette for Seaview room is or that one needs to walk through the general entertainment area to get there. It merely states that it is 'separate' which I interpreted as being a separate room from the bedroom; not as being not private or that the room, bathroom and kitchenette is not self-contained. I found this to be a very unusual setup for a room advertised as being self-catering. Another small thing was that the WiFi speed was too slow to browse the internet but we didn't report it as we used it late at night when reception was closed. Another little thing is that the duvet seemed too small for the King size bed... but I found that in the middle of the bed I'm covered. A little warning is that the room looked much bigger on the photos on the website than what it actually is; but as the square meters of each room is stated on the website I guess I don't have the right to complain and the room was big enough.

Room Tip: Seaview room's kitchenette is not private. WiFi is too slow to browse internet
  • Stayed: March 2015, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hanlie B
Reviewed March 6, 2015

Such a beautiful property, extremely well kept with million dollar views ! The owners are extremely helpful and actually go out of their way to help. What I like is that they dont bother you unless you want help. Would definitely like to stay again when back in Cape Town

Travelers should keep in mind that this is a self catering place but there are no decent supermarkets or restaurants in the immediate vicinity.

Room Tip: I stayed in the sea view room, which has an incredibly beautiful view of the bay
  • Stayed: February 2015, traveled solo
1  Thank pradyk
Reviewed January 10, 2015

We spent a lovely holiday at Bayview Penthouses, we were lucky to stay in the Seaview room...that had indeed a breathtaking view onto the ocean, especially at sunset.
The location is totally quiet, you can have your own privacy and relax but at the same time the hosts are to be reached easily by dialing 9 from your room phone.
Rooms can be reached only through steep steps so take this into account in case of reduced mobility and/or strollers or toddlers.
Parking is never a problem, and you do need a car if you stay there since the nearest bus stop would be not so close...
We also had a small kitchen at our disposal so we could prepare breakfast and have it at our table looking at the ocean...simply unforgettable.

Stayed: January 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 9, 2014

We very much enjoyed our one-week stay at the guesthouse in Camps Bay. Views were breathtaking, rooms were perfectly clean and all interactions we had with Gerald were kind, informative and welcoming. In short: we'd return any time.

• Stayed: December 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 7, 2014

We stayed for 5 days in this lovely penthouse in Capetown. The rooms have stunning views and the guesthouse is only 10 minutes away walking from a beautiful national park. The room was very clean and the service exceptional. Gerald is very passionate about Capetown, and explained us most important highlights. During our stay we had a blow out tire, where Alice actually came to our car and replaced the tire for us and directed us to a trustworthy garage. Therefore within 4 hours we could continue our holidays without being bankrupt :) I think this is beyond expectations when it comes to delivering great hospitality. Thanks!

• Stayed: November 2014, traveled as a couple