“really excellent, and good for vegetarians who are fussy about cheese”

Col'Cacchio Pizzeria
Ranked #16 of 46 Restaurants in Camps Bay
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
dublin
“really excellent, and good for vegetarians who are fussy about cheese”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My husband and I dined here for an early dinner one afternoon in mid-October. As a vegetarian who is very strict about eating only vegetarian friendly cheese, an Italian restaurant can be a minefield of things Id like to have but cant – but I am so delighted to report that Col’Cacchio has by far the best policy re veggie cheese that I have seen anywhere – worldwide!!!!!! Their menu clearly labels dishes that contain non-vegetarian cheese (parmesan, buffalo mozzarella etc) so I knew from the start that the majority of their cheesy non-meat dishes were ok for me. I ordered a goats cheese, caramelised onions and roasted pepper pizza as well as a butternut, feta and pine nut salad. I was not prepared for how huge the salad was going to be – but we got it boxed and took it home and had it for supper later that evening and it was still absolutely fresh. The pizza was absolutely fabulous, and was very generously topped. It was that perfect balance of crispy base and not too many wet toppings to keep it nice. The staff were excellent, couldn’t help us enough. The setting is also pretty amazing, as we sat at a window looking out over the beach area. I would definitely recommend dining here.

• Visited October 2013

Zug, Switzerland
“Could be better”
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

I was there for a pizza. I chose the most simple one with mozzarella di bufala.
the taste was not bad but not cookwd enough below giving the outcome to be gummy. Nevertheless as Italian is the best pizzeria in camp bay....keep away from the others

• Visited October 2013
Cape Town
“Good vibe and great food, as usual”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

The restaurant is relaxed and has a great location. Perfect to go just before sunset! Amazing pizza!

Visited September 2013
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“For a quick supper”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

The food is good - service can be a bit slow. I would only recommend going to this restaurant if you have children or don't mind the sound of children crying. A great family restaurant - but quite pricey.

Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Best Pizza!”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Good fast service, huge choice of pizza toppings.
Absolutely delicious pizza. My husband and I chose a different one each but they were quite large and we could not finish. They seem used to this and have a good service in goody bags to take with you. Did not try their salads but again they looked big and tasty. Definitely recommend for great pizza at a good price and fun atmosphere.

Visited August 2013