“Great place for sundowners in Camps bay”
Review of Ocean Blue

Ocean Blue
Ranked #6 of 48 Restaurants in Camps Bay
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Set in the heart of Camps Bay, Ocean Blue is the locals' and travellers' favourite since 1998! Our recent renovations have made your visit more comfortable and with an even better view of the ocean. Superb quality meals, value for money and our friendly team is what keeps people coming back for more. Our selection of fresh seafood, steaks and pizzas, as well our compliment of excellent South African wines will keep the whole family smiling. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, 9.30- 11pm. Please call to enquire about specials or find us on Facebook. See you soon, the Ocean Blue family.
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Very nice food, especially the cheese platter as a finish to a nice meal. Very nice drinks too, try to cosmo and Pimms. Had a great waiter.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Had lunch with a friend at Ocean Blue. We both had one of the lunch specials -- John Dory and Calamari. They offered several options for sides, I had the side salad which was very pleasant, and my friend opted for half rice, half potatoes. Service was efficient, and the lunch was a very good value at 99 rands. The only flaw came at the end of the meal, when they're table-side credit card machine malfunctioned and it took a long time to pay. The location is good and the decor pleasant.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We were recommend this restaurant by a local shop keeper as being good for it's steak. Two of our party had the steak and I can vouch for the fact that it was indeed delicious and well cooked. We had only arrived earlier in the day and so were a tad jaded, but the atmosphere was up-beat and lively. It is located in a run of shops on an up-market strip where the great and the good of Cape Town cruise up and down in their Astons, Porches and the like so great people-watching territory too!

Reviewed October 17, 2013

We were in Camp's Bay on the tour bus and noticed that this restaurant offered a 10% discount on food... We got drinks & entrees... I ordered the crayfish & calamari... the calamari was not breaded or fried, it was cooked to perfection in a light sauce that was TO DIE FOR! The crayfish was good as well! They also had good chips & salad! Honestly, this could have been in the top 5 meals I had while visiting South Africa.

However, I was very disappointed as I was slurping down my excellent strawberry daquiri and when I got to the bottom, I noticed something glimmering... hmmm.. what was it? A STAPLE! ... A metal staple! Why? How? I have no idea... I flagged over the wait staff to show them it was in my drink & told them to check the rest of the batch to ensure there were not multiple staples floating around... He took my glass with the staple and showed someone else and walked away. No apology, no offer to take the drink off my bill.. Nothing... In the US you would get your whole meal free considering staple, if swallowed, could be potentially hazardous!!!! I am not one to complain or cause a scene, so I just let it go... especially since the food was so so so excellent.

Bottom line: the food is EXCELLENT, just watch out for random pieces of metal in your drink!

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

I had steak and prawns here, it seems no one cooks either of them as well as the South Africans do and also there was a wonderful view of camps bay. You couldn't ask for more!