“SUPERB!”
Review of POD Camps Bay

POD Camps Bay
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Camps Bay
Reviewed August 4, 2014

The hotel is simply stunning! The rooms are absolutely beautiful, the views are stunning and the staff is very warm, friendly and helpful. The staff helped us with some unique requests as well.
It is one of the best boutique hotels we've stayed in. I would definitely stay at the POD Camps Bay on my future visits to Cape Town.

Room Tip: Go for the Luxury rooms. They're spacious and have great views of the sea.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
BrendanBoyle, General Manager at POD Camps Bay, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your feedback on the Tripadvisor forum.

I am delighted to hear that you had a "superb" stay with us.
Thank you for the commendations on the rooms, the views and the staff.

We are elated to be one of the best hotels that you have ever stayed in.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

Pods is a wonderful place to stay and Camps Bay is beautiful. Great service, gorgeous views and an abundance of food options. Super close to the mountain and beach. I'd stay again in a heartbeat. The only issue I had was that there was a strange smell that I believe was from the flowers in the lobby but hardly a complaint.

• Stayed: July 2014
BrendanBoyle, General Manager at POD Camps Bay, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about POD on Tripadvisor.

I appreciate your compliments on the service, views and the location of our property in Camps Bay. We are indeed very fortunate to be within such close proximity to the beach and the restaurant strip, yet still have fantastic mountain and sea views.

I am looking into the strange smell that you wrote about as I don't think it was from the flowers.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

I very much enjoyed my stay here. The folks at the front desk were especially amazing. They booked restaurants, helped me figure out where to go/what to see, booked our shark trip, had a car on call for us. They made everything so easy.

The room was cool. Very modern/contemporary style. But, it worked well.

Great job POD team!

Room Tip: we had room 201. that's right on the corner, facing the beach. it was perfect.

Dear Matt

Thanks for posting such a great review, the title says it all...

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the helpful service from the front desk team. They are a great bunch of people who genuinely want to assist with any guest requests.

Thanks for the compliment on the style, design and functionality of our rooms.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

Me and my wife stayed here for five nights during our honeymoon. The location is great being only footsteps away from the Camps Bay beaches and multiple restaurants. The staff was super friendly and helpful every step of the way. In addition, the breakfast had a lot of different delicous choices and everything was always fresh. The rooms are beauitulf and we had an outdoor patio that overlooked the beaches. Overall a fantastic experience and great place to stay. Highly recommended.

Dear Douglas

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your honeymoon stay with us at POD.

Thank you for the kind words on the location, rooms, food and the service that you received.

We hope that you will stay with us again on one of your future wedding anniversaries.

Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights. The hotel has a nice vibe, great interior design, friendly staff and above all, an amazing eye for detail; just a few things; coming back from dinner, a hot water bottle in the bed, chilled water on the night stand. Amazing views on the beach and near some great bars and restaurants. If you want, the hotel will assist you with your bookings or prepare a nice beach bag for you to hit the beach fully equipped... Incl beach ball set ;-) thanks POD!

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed the vibe, design, service and the attention to detail at our hotel.

Thanks for mentioning some of our personal touches as a lot of thought goes into experimenting with new ideas and ways of adding to each and every aspect of our product.

We hope to welcome you back to POD soon!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

POD was our first hotel stay in SA and it was everything promised in its reputation. The service was personal and available before you could ask. If we make it back to Cape Town we would definitely stay at POD again.

Dear Kyle

Thanks for posting a review about your recent stay with us at POD.

I am elated to hear that we lived up to your expectations and its great to know that you would stay with us again.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

I was glad to have read a review saying that they wished they stayed longer because I booked 6 nights and loved every minute. From the facilities to the accommodating staff, it was one of the nicest hotel stays I've ever had. Because I was averse to driving in Cape Town after having driven on safari for a week, the hotel arranged for us to have a driver who gave us an unbelievable tour of Cape Point and wine country. What fond memories I'll have of Camps Bay and Cape Town due in large part to this particular hotel!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Cay

We wish that you could have stayed longer too as it was such a pleasure hosting you at POD.

Thank you for the commendations on the hotel and the service.

I appreciate your feedback on our drivers and I am delighted to hear that they created a memorable experience of the peninsula and the wine lands for you.