“Would stay again”

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Camps Bay
Bend, Oregon
“Would stay again”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We loved staying at POD Camps Bay. Our room was very modern, the staff couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful and the location made short walks to local restaurants fun and easy. I would and have recommended "The POD" to my friends and family. We did not use the spa.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to the top corner room looking towards the beach as I booked a room with a pool, no...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
BrendanBoyle, General Manager at POD Camps Bay, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Becky

Thank you for taking the time to share your POD experience on tripadvisor.

I am thrilled to hear that you would stay again and that you have recommended our property to others. We are incredibly fortunate to receive the majority of our bookings from word of mouth referrals as well as repeat guests.

Thanks for your room tip, whilst we have tried to heat the plunge pools during Winter, we can only get a maximum temperature of +- 25'C.

General Manager, POD Camps Bay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at many hotels over the years and the POD ranks at the top of the list. This amazing boutique hotel is modern, yet warm in its feel. The rooms are beautiful, but what really stands out at the POD is the amazing staff and service. They think of everything you need, before you even know you need it. The staff are thoughtful, helpful and really go out of their way to ensure you have an amazing stay. Simple things like offering water bottles every time you go out and even providing small cooler bags to keep the water cool. Hot water bottles are put in bed in the evening to keep you toasty warm and staff offer assistance and suggestions in planning your day (if you need it). Breakfast is delicious and healthy, fresh options are abundant. The views are stunning, a complimentary mini-bar is included in the rooms along with heated floors. They even gift a tree on your behalf at an under-greened school community center or reforestation project. The POD’s level of service, attention to detail and beautiful space and surroundings make this the BEST bet in the Cape Town area. The POD is remarkable – book now!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
BrendanBoyle, General Manager at POD Camps Bay, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Reviewer

Wow, thank you for posting such a fantastic review about our property. I am elated to hear that we are at the top of your list of favorite hotels!

Thanks for the positive comments on the design and architecture of the hotel, the modern and minimal look can be quite clinical but by introducing timber as well as other elements, we have managed to create a clean yet warm feel to our property.

Service and thoughtfulness are what makes us stand out from the crowd and we are constantly brainstorming new ideas to add value to ones stay. I am thrilled to see that you picked up on some of these.

You are the first guest to mention the Greenpop affiliation. To date we have panted 137 trees in underprivileged and under greened communities. This is one of many sustainability initiatives that we are committed to.

Brendan Boyle,
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed 4 nights for our honeymoon and service was outstanding and accommodations first class....highly recommend to anyone looking to stay in Cape Town. We enjoyed having cocktails downstairs in the lobby bar. Breakfast was amazing.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Jssayf
BrendanBoyle, General Manager at POD Camps Bay, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to share your honeymoon experience, It's always a pleasure to read such great feedback!

We hope that you will return for one of your future anniversary celebrations.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stayed in the pod hotel for 5 night - all of which were fantastic.

The team at the hotel are top notch - our room was made available to us early as we showed up a bit early. The room itself was fantastic - modern boutique at it's best. A great layout with excellent us of space along with a complimentary mini bar with soft drinks, beer and wine (WOW).

But if there was one thing to harp on about at this hotel then it's the service - my wife and I got caught with some pre-arranged transport not showing up (not arranged by the hotel) and Brendan the owner offered to drive us himself. This saved us a red face showing up late and really helped us out.

Great hotel with fantastic service - I would go back in a second. For those thinking of the 12 apostles as an alternative then one thing to consider.... POD is in town - 12 A's is a mile or two down the coast.

Room Tip: We stayed in the luxury room with a sea view, it was excellent.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
BrendanBoyle, General Manager at POD Camps Bay, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear Dillan

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at POD Camps Bay.

Your kind words on the design and layout of the rooms as well as the service that you experienced is well received.

It was an absolute pleasure driving you up to the Roundhouse when your pre-arranged transport didn't arrive. I am glad that such a simple gesture on my part had such a big impact on your stay. I always learn something new when reading guest reviews and often its the most insignificant thing that can either make or break a guests experience at a hotel.

Thank you for making reference to our location, we are incredibly fortunate to be within such close proximity to the beach, bars and restaurants that make up the Camps Bay Strip.

I am delighted to hear that you would stay with us again and I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to POD.

Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I stayed at POD for three nights and I would highly recommend the POD to anyone who is like me fed up with big bulky unfriendly hotels and their staff. POD is cool, stylish, service minded, very well located and different. Brendan and his team are special, always there to help, quick, pro active, friendly and very nice to talk to. I will come back, for sure!

Room Tip: The corner room is beautiful with a great view!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
BrendanBoyle, General Manager at POD Camps Bay, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Olaf

Many thanks for posting a review of your stay on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and even more so that you would like to return to our property.

We pride ourselves on personal service and in a boutique environment this is something that is much easier to do than the large corporate hotels. More and more people are turning to small and intimate properties as a result.

It was an absolute pleasure hosting you during your 3 night stay and we look forward to seeing you again in the not too distant future.

Canada
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Pod Camps Bay hotel is a gorgeous boutique hotel with a beautiful view of the sea. Every single member of the staff goes out of their way to ensure you have everything that you need and they seem to always remember to remind you about the little things that you forget. They even sent out my postcards for me since I ran out of time to send them myself. Could not have been more impressed! I highly highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for the fantastic review about our hotel!

I am thrilled that you felt that every single member of my team went out of their way to ensure that you had a memorable time. I am also elated to hear that you felt the small touches were well thought out as this is something that we dedicate a lot of attention and energy towards.

We look forward to welcoming you back to POD when you next visit our beautiful city.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 7, 2013

A class-A boutique hotel -- cool without the attitude. It's a small hotel with a big spirit. Beautiful view of the sea from our room. Superb breakfast. Friendly staff, who go all out to make sure guests are comfortable. Design, pleasing to the eye. We will definitely be returning to The Pod.

Room Tip: order a dvd one night and stay in. the staff will happily deliver popcorn to your room!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank bashiwb
BrendanBoyle, General Manager at POD Camps Bay, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your positive review about our hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the design of our property, the view and the service offering that you received from the team.

I am glad that you mention the attitude and spirit of the staff - I am really fortunate to have such dedicated, grounded and passionate people working with me.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Camps Bay
City Bowl
Derwent House Boutique Hotel
Derwent House Boutique Hotel
#5 of 109 in Cape Town Central

Been to POD Camps Bay? Share your experiences!