“Chill out spot”
Review of POD Camps Bay

POD Camps Bay
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Camps Bay
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I loved this hotel from the moment we were greeted by the staff!!The day manager was very helpful and knowledgeable about the area. The rooms are modern, minimalistic, comfortable and clean. The only handicap for me is if i had to park my car in their garage with a very narrow and steep entrance. Fortunately my husband was driving. Other than that I would definitely return!!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
BrendanBoyle, General Manager at POD Camps Bay, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear "Trovitolau"

Thank you for choosing POD Camps Bay during your recent trip to Cape Town and thanks for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our modern and minimalistic rooms.

I have to agree abut the steep and narrow entrance to our basement parking. Thankfully our staff are happy to offer a valet parking service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to POD in the not too distant future.

There are newer reviews for POD Camps Bay

Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

We spent the last two nights on South Africa at this hotel. As soon as we walked in we knew it would be unique in every sense and it was. The decor is wow and the layout of rooms is something I have not been before. The corridors are airy and the wooden/natural appeal of the room was lovely. Loved the high tech gadgets and the fact you had a DVD library too! Breakfast was great quality and staff were so friendly. The only thing which was frustrating was there was no hot water in our room in the evenings do we had lukewarm showers and Internet kept switching on and off in our room. But when we informed the management of this they were ever so apologetic and settled our bill so we didn't pay the extras and they also offered us a late check out as our flight was at 5pm. I think we were unlucky with the shower and Internet but apart from that the location, decor and friendliness of this hotel makes it top notch!!!

• Stayed: May 2013
BrendanBoyle, General Manager at POD Camps Bay, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

Dear "Animal83"

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at POD Camps Bay.

Considering that you had the hot water and WiFi issues, I am delighted to hear that you still feel that we are a top notch hotel. Thank you for bringing these problems to my attention, both have now been resolved.

We look forward to welcoming you back to POD in the not too distant future.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

This was our short dream trip, fantastic staff, our suite on the corner had sea vieuw with a stunning terrace and the design was a picture perfect!
We stayed for 3 nights but we would have stayed forever!
All nice restsurants around the corner, The Grand, Paranga and the Bungalow and your own chairs and umbrella on the beach. breakfast was stunning, we stayed in our suite to enjoy the breakfast with the stunning vieuw. Nothing was to much for this unique staff to let us feel comfortable.
We definately wish to come back in this little paradise.

Room Tip: if you want to be sure, book one of the right corner suites, they are large and sunny.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
BrendanBoyle, General Manager at POD Camps Bay, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear "B0ca"

Many thanks for posting such a positive review about your recent stay at our property.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the design and views from your corner suite.
Our location is ideally suited to those who want to be set back from the hustle and bustle yet within walking distance to the beach and the restaurants and nightlife that Camps Bay has to offer. I am glad that you made the most of it!

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I have to say that your staff was one of the best we’ve ever experienced. From the moment we got there, Nick took great care of us and even moved us when he realized we weren’t exactly thrilled with our room (beautiful room but not ocean view). Makayla was extremely helpful with our tour set up, Jabu was a phenomenal waiter who was willing to go the extra mile to get me things for breakfast that weren’t on the menu, and other folks like Tamsynn and your general manager Brendan, were all extremely helpful and wonderful to be around. You’ve hired great people, created a great culture and your hotel should be the service model for all hotels around the world.

We want to thank you and your staff for making our experience so wonderful!
Jay and Courtney

Room Tip: Go for the deluxe suite! it's worth it!
1  Thank drjay3344
BrendanBoyle, General Manager at POD Camps Bay, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear Jay & Courtney

I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience at POD Camps Bay.
Thank you for highlighting the staff who made your stay extra special.

It was a pleasure upgrading you to one of our ocean facing rooms and I am glad that this solved your initial disappointment when checking in. Thankfully we had the availability!

A service model for hotels around the world - Wow, what a compliment!

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Staying at the POD a few weeks ago was one of the best hotel experiences I had in a long time. We were welcomed like good friends, efficiantly shown to our room, and around our room - as there are many modern amenities throughout. Balcony with a seaview, huge comfy bed, comp mini-bar, discreet lighting and cleverly designed bathroom with a great shower!

It is the kind of place where one wants to relax and take a breather. Many superb restaurants are within walking distance.

I will go back in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor, sunset from the balcony is amazing.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
BrendanBoyle, General Manager at POD Camps Bay, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear "Rieks"

Thanks again for choosing POD Camps Bay for your accommodation during your recent weekend break. I am glad to hear that you got to relax and unwind.

Thank you for the positive comments on the design and comfort of the rooms, the bathrooms, amenities and our complimentary minibar offering.

I am delighted to hear that you would return in a heartbeat!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

My wife and I love staying in Boutique Hotels if only to experience those where the designer has clearly never stayed in a room before releasing it to the paying public. POD suffers from a number of the usual suspects but at least we didn't have to get out of bed to switch off the bedside lights as we did in a hotel in Sydney. Having said that, it did take us some time to find out how to switch off the bedside lights in Room 202..........

This is quite simply the best managed Hotel, from top to bottom, that we have ever stayed. Can't recommend it too highly.

Room Tip: Ask for 202 as a good compromise. Don't stay in a Mountain View if you suffer from claustrophob...
2  Thank mrcmrc2
BrendanBoyle, General Manager at POD Camps Bay, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Dear "mrcmrc2"

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay at POD Camps Bay.

I am incredibly fortunate to have such a dynamic and dedicated management team that will go far beyond the call of duty when it comes to our guests. I am elated to hear that you feel our property was one of the best managed hotels that you have ever stayed at!

If you are ever in Cape Town again, we would love to host you at POD Camps Bay!

Reviewed April 19, 2013

The Pod was the first stop on my African honeymoon and it was an amazing place to spend 5 days. If you are into Interior design you will love this place. If you are into great service you will love this place. We had a plunge pool room with a partial beach view but the view from the common lounge and bar area is fantastic and perfectly positioned for sunset over the ocean. The beds are super comfy and everything was spotless. Attention to detail is excellent and the staff even created a spreadsheet for us so they knew what time all our restaurant and activity bookings were during the week. So helpful! There is a tall apartment block across the road but do not let this stop you from booking (we hesitated due to this and are very glad we went ahead). Try to get one of the upper level or most northerly rooms if you are worried about the view from your room but it really is no issue at all. Use google street view to check it out so you are totally informed. I would not hesitate to recommend this place to my boss, best friends, mother etc.

1  Thank Sarah C
BrendanBoyle, General Manager at POD Camps Bay, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Dear Sarah

Thank you for sharing your recent "Honeymoon" experience at POD Camps Bay.

I appreciate the praise on the style, design and location of the property as well as the level of service that you received from my team. Our goal is to please and I am glad that we were successful in making your stay enjoyable and memorable.

Thank you for pointing out the location and buildings surrounding POD. We try to be as transparent as possible when describing the setting of our property. The corner view of the Camps Bay beach is a bonus. however, the real selling point of our hotel is that we are set back from the noise yet within close proximity to everything that the Camps Bay "Strip" has to offer.

I am delighted that you would recommend our hotel and it would be a pleasure to host any of your friends and colleagues in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Camps Bay
City Bowl
Derwent House Boutique Hotel
Derwent House Boutique Hotel
#5 of 111 in Cape Town Central

Been to POD Camps Bay? Share your experiences!