“What a memorable and romantic experience!!!”

Atlantic Suites Camps Bay
Ranked #12 of 54 Camps Bay B&B and Inns
Lagos, Nigeria
“What a memorable and romantic experience!!!”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Had searched for weeks for a very romantic honeymoon hotel in Cape Town for celebration of our 10th year wedding anniversary and my wife's 40th birthday on our first trip to South Africa. I had wanted to settle for Atlanticview Cape Town Boutique hotel but changed my mind when the manager owner (Greg) called me a scam because I was not in a hurry to take his so called "great offer". Thank God I did not because I eventually settled for Atlantic Suites Camps Bay, which I discovered to be the best location for our double celebrations in Camps Bay. Everything was arranged as a surprise for my wife. She only knew we were visitng Cape Town but did not know exactly where we would be staying. My wife and I had a wonderful time at Atlantic Suites Camps Bay, and based on our experience, we now understand why it is rated the number 1 BB *****Boutique Honeymoon Hotel in Camps Bay. They sure did make it a very memorable and romantic stay for us in one of their beautiful and magnificent luxury suites with breathtaking view of the atlantic ocean, lion's head, and table mountain. We received a world class bespoke customer service - Sally (owner manager) and her team were very warm, friendly, and professional, paying great attention to details, and seizing every opportunity to spring up surprises. Part of the complimentary package given in addition to fully stocked mini bar, tea tray, and snack platter included a chilled bottle of anniversary champagne on arrival, 2 very delicious birthday cakes for my wife (one on arrival at the hotel and the 2nd cake on my wife's birthday which was the next day after arrival), fresh flowers in room, and special surprises in room at turndowns every evening to create that romantic atmosphere I had hoped for. The full English breakfasts were sumptuous and unbelievable. Great romantic dinners were arranged every evening. Everything turned out as expected and blew my wife away. Very warm and friendly staff, it was indeed home from home. What an exclusive hospitality at its best. Atlatic Suites Camps Bay is highly recommended for all lovers seeking a very memorable and romantic hospitality at its best.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Taiwo O
SFPM, Owner & General Manager at Atlantic Suites Camps Bay, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Dear Taiwo O,

Thank you for such a heartfelt review about your memorable and romantic experience at Atlantic Suites Camps Bay. We are so pleased to read how much you enjoyed all our different offerings and, what an honour it is to receive your “world class bespoke customer service” accolade. It is wonderful to know how much the value we place on Guests is appreciated and that we blew your gracious “wife away”. I shall pass on your compliments to Chef Helen, Elias and Elizabeth, who join me in instilling within you a desire to return to us again and again.

Angel Blessings,
The Atlantic Suites Camps Bay Family.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Stayed here in Nov 2011 (its taken a while) and must say without a doubt that this is THE BEST B&B EVER. We have been lucky enough to stay in a fair number of very plush 5 star hotels around the world and I would say this easily competes. Sally was very helpful and friendly and quick to give advice and assistance whenever required and the breakfasts (think the chef was called Alfred) were OUT OF THIS WORLD. I mean, really, phenomenal. Rooms are to die for - huge, light and airy and the pool/terrace has the most tremendous view of the bay/12 apostles.

The only possible bad point I could mention is that its at the top of the hill so not really walking distance to camps bay bars and restaurants, although only a 5 min drive/taxi ride so not really an issue.

All I can say is dont even think about staying anywhere else!

NB - whilst in Camps Bay be sure to try the Indian restaurant along the front. I cant remember the name but I think there is only one. It was really really good (and thats coming from an Indian!)

Room Tip: We stayed in a room at pool level which was great for nipping in and out during the day.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Had the best stay at Atlantic suites Camps Bay. Excellent service, food and very friendly people. Would recommend this place to everyone for a breathtaking experience.

TOP CLASS !!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Ashford
Reviewed May 29, 2012

There is so much choice of accomodation in the Cape Town area, and my wife and I were extremley pleased to have chosen Atlantic Suites after reading the other excellent reviews on Trip Advisor. The guest house is located in Camps Bay, a lovely suburb, and affords stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean. The sunsets were incredible. The staff are extremly friendly and helpful and we were made to feel very welcome from our arrival. The welcome tea and the 7 course breakfasts prepared by Albert and Helen, were truly delicious - we would recommend the eggs benedict! Many thanks to Sally and her team for getting our SA honeymoon off to an amazing start - the bar was set extremley high for our other accomodaton!

Room Tip: We had the honeymoon suiteto with access straight onto the pool
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed May 5, 2012

We recently stayed at the Atlantic Suites for a week in celebration of my wife's birthday.
On our previous trip to CT we stayed at the Bay Hotel (Camps Bay) and was not impressed.
Sally & her team have created a home away from home. Outstanding service, luxurious rooms, scrumptious breakfast, impeccable views! Sally treats her guests as if they were her own family which is very welcoming.
I would rate this guest inn far superior than the Burj Al Arab (Dubai) which is a 7* hotel.
Sally best of luck for the future :)
Ahmed

Room Tip: Top floor has great views!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
SFPM, Owner and General Manager at Atlantic Suites Camps Bay, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Dear Ahmed N,

Many thanks for choosing Atlantic Suites Camps Bay as your Wife’s Birthday destination and, for taking the time to write such a complimentary review about your stay. It is so significant to us that you felt you were part of the Atlantic Suites Camps Bay Family which you are and will remain going forward. We are honoured that you wrote we have “created a home away from home” and, that you rate us “superior than the 7* Burj Al Arab in Dubai” – Wow! and thank you.
We look forward to having you as our forever Guests.

Angel Blessings,
The Atlantic Suites Camps Bay Family.
Reviewed April 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Atlantic Suites the last two nights of our honeymoon, and it was simply amazing! Upon returning to Cape Town, the room we booked at another hotel fell through. We were so upset, but called Sally in a panic to check availability. Twenty minutes later, we arrived and were greeted by Sally, Ian and the most beautiful hotel I have ever stayed in (really!). The 12 Apostles room was stunning! We joked that it was the best mistake to ever happen to us! Sally made dinner reservations for us at Roundhouse (wonderful), and we returned to a candlelit stairway and room. Service was great, as were the breakfasts! We really cannot say enough wonderful things about the Atlantic Suites, Sally and her team. It was so difficult to leave after just two short nights, but I am certain we will be back. Book this hotel if you can!!

• Stayed March 2012
LAPWORTH UK
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our five nights in Atlantic Suites. The location is superb with great views across the bay. The atmosphere is calm and the rooms are large, comfortable and well equipped. Sally and her team could not be more helpful - nothing is too much trouble, even sending on to us our cell phone we had left charging!
Super breakfasts, and so much included in the price.
One to visit!