“Wonderful place to stay in Camp's Bay”

Fairways on the Bay
Ranked #44 of 54 Camps Bay B&B and Inns
Baltimore, Maryland
“Wonderful place to stay in Camp's Bay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

My son and I spent three nights at Fairways on the Bay. We had a lovely room with a view of the ocean. The price was reasonable ($200 a night) given that we were across the road from the beach. The staff at reception were incredibly warm and helpful in helping us rent a car, get a cab and advising where it was safe to walk at night.

Breakfast was not included but it was so inexpensive we did not care. My small full English breakfast was about $5.

I would definitely stay here again. I love being in Camp's Bay. It reminds me of Malibu, CA.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Marlie d, General Manager at Fairways on the Bay, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Lynda R
I am happy that you and your son ejoyed Fairways on the Bay and hope to see you again in near future.
Thank you for the kind words of the reception staff - always nice to hear that they look well after our guests.
Have a great week!!!
Marlie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Hungarian first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

Well one thing is for sure, this is the ONLY place I'll be staying in Capetown from now on. Kim was an amazing host and went above and beyond for us. She helped us iron out the details for our days, and made sure we had plenty of resources to enjoy Capetown.

Both apartments we rented were spacious and well accommodated. They were as clean as could be, and it was a real treat to stay there.

The location couldn't be better- a less than a block from all the restaurants and the ocean!

I can't recommend this place enough!

• Stayed January 2014
Alabaster, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

From the time I booked, Kim was nothing but helpful and accommodating, to the point that I was almost suspicious if there was something wrong. However, once we met her upon checking in and saw the rooms, I was reassured. The location is as good as you can get, the rooms are spacious and lovely, and Kim really does make it feel like home.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

I have stayed at 8 The Fairway on numerous occasions. From the decor, the facilities, the prime beachfront location and the warm and generous host Kim, who makes your stay a home away from home, I can strongly recommend this as an ideal holiday apartment to book when vising Cape Town. One must book in advance, as its often fully booked, being small, intimate and getting allot of repeat business. I travel extensively and rate 8 The Fairway on my list of top places to stay worldwide. Camps Bay is the perfect location - a minutes walk from the beach, shops, restaurants and bars. Dont think twice when considering. Exceptional value for money. LOVE AND ADORE this wonderful "home"

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

This fantastic accommodation is located one block from Camps Bay beach. My family and I also
had the wonderful experience of Kim"s hospitality. Nothing was too much for her. The small/pool garden area was a haven. I rate this property very highly as well as the personalised service Kim offers.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

This little piece of paradise offered me a truly magnificent stay in the heart of Camps Bay. I was met by Kim Faclier who went out of her way to make sure that everything I wanted to know about Cape Town and the surrounds were taken care of. The accommodation was superb in this magnificent setting, immaculately clean with all the requirements for the perfect stay. - anything I needed was always accommodated at a drop of a hat. What an incredible holiday hosted by the most sincere, attentive and caring person.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

Having read the other reviews for Fairways on the Bay I felt compelled to write. Myself and my husband stayed here from 2nd Jan to 11th Jan and thoroughly enjoyed every moment. I would say that Fairways itself is more like a boutique guest house and testament to that we were made to feel right at home immediately.
We arrived very early (too early to check into our room) but were given fresh towels and escorted to the guest lounge to freshen up. Having safely stowed our bags we were then shown the pool area where we sat, sunbathed and enjoyed the view. Lynn and Florence from reception kept checking that we were happy for the few hours we were waiting.
The room itself was just gorgeous. More like a suite than a room, the pictures on the website are 100% accurate and we felt so comfortable immediately. The bed is probably the most comfortable we have ever slept in!
I would say that Fairways is a fabulous place to stay, right on the front of Camps Bay but personal enough to make you feel at home instantly. We love the nightlife and the buzz of the strip, but Fairways was our fabulous little boutique haven.
I can't commend the staff enough, they were just wonderful.
As for cleanliness my husband and I were constantly amazed at how many people were always busy ensuring everything was kept clean and tidy. We used the pool at Place on the Bay (literally a hop, skip and a jump from Fairways) and we couldn't help but notice how windows were constantly being cleaned, inside and out, the pool was being checked over etc etc. Nosiwse looked after our particular room and she was wonderful.
The pool area is nice and quiet with a perfect view over the beach, there is a 'poolside phone' you can use to order drinks and food which was also a real treat.
Needless to say we have been back home for one week and have already reserved the same room for the same time next year - but for just that little bit longer this time as we really didn't want to leave our home from home.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Emma E
Marlie d, General Manager at Fairways on the Bay, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear Emma

I wanted to shout: YES, YES, YES!!!!!!

May you have an excellent 2014 and looking forward to welcome you back.
Kind regards from a hot, windless Camps Bay!!

Marlie