“ultimate relaxation”

Ranked #3 of 54 Camps Bay B&B and Inns
Johannesburg
“ultimate relaxation”
Reviewed November 11, 2010

My stay recently was absolutely phenomenal, i cannot begin to describe the breath taking views from which my balcony led onto, tunning ocean views in front, the glorious table mountain behind & lions head to the side i was completely blown away. We were met with the utmost friendliness by the staff whom delivered there services promptly, & Jeorge & Maria the patrons were extremely helpfull & went out of there way to make sure our stay was an amazing experiance. I would suggest the honey room suite, room no 8 to anyone wanting to stay there, the room is splendid with its own private balcony overlooking the immaculate views with barbecue area, deck chairs to suntan, flat screen & Dstv, comfortable bed & very well maintained. The guest house is also only a walk away from the Camps Bay strip where all the trendy Cafes, bars & restaurants are situated, the in place to be seen that i now like to refer to as Cape Towns little Miami. If your looking to be pampered well they have a newly introduced beauty parlour, i unfortunately didnt get a chance to fit in a massage of which ive heard great things but my hair cut was done to precision by Maria herself whom was very charming & attentitive. I would recommend this guest house to anyone wanting a relaxing holiday, my only critisism would be that the pools are very small but then again the ocean is right down the road. I will definitly be staying there again on my next return.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
JHB
Reviewed November 11, 2010

I went for a few nights and was blessed with great weather!
I arrived late in the evening and was surprised by the warm welcome I received by the Owners (George & Maria - which attended to any questions I had and helped me feel like I was walking into my own mansion!)
I stayed in room 1 and it was very spacious with a wide range of snacks and drinks, TV, a big clean bathroom (towels etc... were changed regularly) a sliding door leading to 1 of the 2 pools and great deck to soak in the rays with a fantastic view of the sun set!
The Breakfast area is excellent as I personally enjoyed the clean and warm look with a view overlooking the ocean while eating a full breakfast... (The freshly baked muffins are a must have!) the b&b was fantastic for me as I enjoyed spending my evening out on Camps bay strip(great variety of restaurants ...) a great short walk down and a cheap taxi fare back up!
The place is very big (mansion) the only time I bumped into other guests was at breakfast...
I took some time on my last day to try out the organic Spa, once again very clean and modern (all Organic)! This was good pricing and perfect to end my small trip!!!! Which I highly recommend!!!
What also really impressed me was the great attention to detail overall!!!!
I am definitely recommending it to celebrity family, friends & a must for employees...

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Wallington UK
Reviewed November 7, 2010

a very warm welcome on our arrival. The room was "exactly as it said on the website", clean, spacious and the bed was oh so comfortable, the view of the ocean was amazing. Breakfast was perfect to set us up for a day of sightseeing.
For us, it was a little out of the midst of things even in Camps Bay and this perhaps did not come across in the web description - there was quite a hill climb from restaurants and when the southerly wind blows this was eventful! If you are looking for a quiet relaxing base would highly recommend it...though dont rely on a pool to relax by.
Tamara, George and Melanie were more than helpful in every aspect, could help with any question we had.
Car hire highly recommended from this location. Mentions onsite spa facilities not obvious and do not think it was on site

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Bracknell, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2010

We came to Cape Town for a friend's wedding in October 2010 and decided to stay in Camps Bay since it looked like a nice place to stay (choice of restaurants and bars in the evening, right on the beach, it was all we hoped for). After looking at a lot of B&B and Hotel reviews we chose to book 3 on Camps Bay, we were not disappointed.
We went for their cheapest room for 6 nights, the garden room (room 2). The room is very spacious (we personally really liked the decor), it is located in the main building which houses the reception, a spacious lounge, small pool with terrace/deck area with sea view and the Spa. I particularly liked the breakfast room which is in the building next door, is beautifully decorated and has full view of the sea.
The hotel/B&B is located a short walk from the beach, you can also easily drive as it's fairly easy to park.
During our stay my husband had to leave me alone for one day and evening, so I booked treatments at the Spa in the morning. The owner Maria is also a hair stylist, she did my hair and I was very happy with the cut, I had my nails done right after that and since we were approaching the end of the breakfast service (served from 8 to 10 am) they brought me coffee and muffins in the Spa (I definitely felt pampered!). Maria knew I was alone that day and she invited me to join George (owner), his sister and her to the movies in the afternoon. I declined as I already had planned to drive up to the V&A waterfront to do some shopping but was very touched by the offer.
We changed accommodation for the weekend closer to the wedding venue but decided to book our subsequent and last two nights of our stay back in 3 on Camps Bay since we had enjoyed it so much (we had left it open in case we wanted to go further out or in Cape Town). Maria and George had a surprise in store for us as we got upgraded to the honeymoon suite, simply the most beautiful room we've ever stayed in, with full sea view and very large private balcony. I would really recommend booking that room if you can afford it, even for a couple of nights of your stay as it is very special.
Maria and George (and all their staff) were really friendly and helpful, whilst not intrusive at all. We loved our stay there and really recommend it!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed September 22, 2010

This hotel/guest house provides great value for money, it is situated in a great location, and the service of the staff is great - they are friendly and competent. Rooms are clean and breakfasts are great.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Fürth, Germany
Reviewed September 17, 2010

service very friendly, rooms were more than comfortable, breakfast was great and substancial, very good security - great comfort!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2010

A girlfriend and I travelled to South Africa for a wedding during March and based ourselves out in Camps Bay, to have the benefit of being near Cape Town but not being right in the thick of it.....

Twenty Seven on First one of 3 on Camps sister hotels, was a real find. We arrived after an overnight flight from London and were met by a really pleasant driver arranged by the management at Twenty Seven.

Upon arrival, check in process was simple and one of our two rooms was made available to us immediately (we were real early...). The guest house is a pure B&B facility, so evening meals are either take-aways (which the staff were happy to point us in the direction of the local delivery services) or venturing down into Camps Bay where restaurants and cafes were plentiful and varied both in cost and food choice.

Back to the rooms....which were comfortable with TV and had wi-fi access (local charge payable, but very reasonable), a fridge (although my friends was broken), in-room safe and fully equiped en-suite bathroom. As we were towards the top of the hill and it was very windy in part during our stay, we did lose the TV reception for a day during our stay but an engineer attended quickly so really didn't interupt the enjoyment of our stay. The rooms were well maintained and cleaned thoroughly, towels and lines changed frequently.

Breakfast was served in a lovely clean bright enviroment, by really friendly staff. Nothing was too much trouble and the food was delicious.

Overall impressions, the B&B was a find, and worthy of an individual mention - the manager, Nanette, was amazingly helpful and nothing was too much trouble and helped us in arranging taxis and trips for us and generally making sure we had a great stay.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends