I stayed at 2 places during my Cape Town vacation, and 3 On Camps Bay was one of them. This B&B is very cute, clean, and affordable, which I do recommend this place. But the other B&B I stayed at set the bar high, which 3 on Camps didn't exceed, but its still a great place to stay, hence the 4 star rating.
-Very friendly staff. Manager was helpful and even upgraded our room for free!
-Great location in Camps Bay, which is the most expensive place to stay in Cape Town. 3 On Camps Bay was very affordable compared to other luxury hotels and B&B's in the same neighborhood.
-Very spacious dining room area, combined with a lounge room to relax. The free breakfast is sit-down, waiter service, you order eggs/bacon by menu, and pick up your own fruit/pastries from the buffet counter. Breakfast was very good, with a lot of options to choose from.
-Very clean! Remote control A/C units. Fridge with 2 complimentary waters.
-"Honest" bar, take booze yourself from the community fridge downstairs, and write your room number on the clipboard so you can be charged upon checkout. Prices are reasonable! A bottle of wine $6 (R60), beer $2-$3, pretty good!
-Very cute pool, although it is in the shade and we didn't use it since it was too cold.
-Spacious rooms, you are not cramped at all, spacious bathrooms, and balcony is nice.
-Walking distance to all the Camps Bay shops and fine dining restaurants.
-Very safe, there are several padlock doors with security codes you must go through before entering into the units.
-Free unlimited WiFi! With several WiFi lines to use.
-Great balcony views from ocean-front rooms. The garden view rooms have nice views of the mountain ranges.
-Rooms are close to neighbors, and walls are thin, so you can hear your neighbors through the walls.
-The safe was not large enough for electronics like iPads, and used an old key lock instead of electrical padlock.
-Breakfast ends at 10am. When I'm on vacation, I like to stay out late, and sleep in. I couldn't sleep in here, because I was rushing downstairs in my pajamas to eat breakfast before they shut down the kitchen at 10am. I wish they served breakfast through noon.
-Beds were sort of hard and springy, but only comparing it to the soft comfy bed from the other B&B. If I didn't have a basis of comparison, the bed probably wouldn't have bothered me.
Overall, this is a great place to stay, and I do recommend it for travelers who want an affordable place in Camps Bay. They do a great job to make this place feel like "home."
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury 16 bedroom guesthouse offers a quiet retreat close to Camps Bay beach. Magnificent sea and mountain views. Within easy walking distance to the famous Camps Bay beach, with its trendy restaurants, shops and sidewalk cafe's. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your 3 On Camps Bay Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 3 On Camps Bay Boutique Hotel Camps Bay
- 3 On Camps Bay Boutique Hotel And Spa
- 3 On Camps Bay Boutique Hotel Cape Town, South Africa