“lovely stay at camps bay”

3 On Camps Bay Boutique Hotel
Ranked #3 of 54 Camps Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My friend and I spent 4 great nights at this hotel. The couple running the B&B are very friendly and helpful. The rooms were perfect and clean with great views. It is located only 5 mins walk from the sea front. Breakfast was amazing and staff were very nice. I would recommend anyone to stay at this 5star B&B.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jean R

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Camps Bay on its own is an absolute treat, so almost any accommodation will be forgiven for error. This boutique hotel is absolutely lovely. The rooms are smaller than I had anticipated, but offer the "little things" that make a difference: fantastic linen, a great bed and a view. The sea facing rooms are a lot more expensive.
The breakfast was fantastic and the staff were incredibly friendly adn cheerful.
I would gladly stay there again and recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tamara B
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The location is fantastic - walking distance from the main road, but far enough not to be bothered by noise. The breakfast is delicious - there was a great variety, and they use good quality products. The bedrooms are neat and comfortably furnished, and also has ample built-in cupboards for a longer stay. The only negatives were that the were busy painting the top floor during our stay, and the fumes gave us a bit of a headache (something I am sure will not influence anyone else in the near future), and the walls are quite thin - one could hear neighbouring visitors coming in late at night.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Could not have done better in choosing a place in the Capetown area. The only problem was in finding it, even with our car's GPS. We stopped at about 27 Crescent, and learned it was on the street above; 1st Crescent. May be more difficult to find after dark;
That said, We loved the place and the large outer decks and common areas to sit and enjoy the ocean views.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stopped in the hotel February time earlier this year. I am regretful it's taken me this long to review it as I had forgotten too. To our it simply this little boutique hotel is fantastic. The staff were friendly and couldn't do enough for me. The breakfasts were amazing and the rooms were spacious and cleaned to a high standard. They made me feel welcome and comfortable as it was my first time in SA and I traveled alone.

I was that impressed I've booked to return in less than a month!

Thanks again George and Maria! See you soon

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Even though we arrived at very late hour in the hotel, we got a heartfelt welcome and a short tour around the hotel.

The Hotel is located roughly about 10 minute walk away from the beach. There are plenty of restaurants to choose from the neighborhood, and few of them are actually really good.

The views from the hotel are awesome, bot really good photos from the table mountain and sunsets by the beach.

Hotel staff was really friendly and helpful to us, giving us directions and recommended good places to visit.

Even though the hotel does not serve dinner or lunch, the breakfast is top notch 5 star quality.

Rooms ware cleaned every day and everything around the hotel was very clean as well.

Only thing i can complain is the the room doors. I know the bay area can be pretty windy at times, but sometimes i couldnt get to sleep because of the wind noise though the door. Maybe some insulation or noise proof doors should be in order.

Many thanks to 3 on camps bay, it was my first visit in cape town, and i was really happy with everything here.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I needed an early morning check-in on arrival which Maria and George accomodated. I also got a free upgrade to a room with a mountain view even though I had booked the cheaper room with the garden view. Although I really only stayed in the room to sleep and prepare for the next day's adventure, it was great to have that little extra. I also loved the privacy that I got in coming and going as the rooms had their own private entrance separate from the reception.
I was glad of the ability to remain in touch with my friends with the mostly fast wifi service.The location was a 10 minutes walk to the busy waterfront and the 'Hop on, Hop off' bus stop.
The service staff (Chefs, Pool boy, etc) were very nice and friendly and the scenery breathtaking, just like the rest of Capetown.
The only minus was the fact that the pillow case which got stained due to my use was not changed for the period I was there although I must say that I did not bring this up; believing that it should have been noticed.
Overall it was a great experience and introduction to beautiful Cape town; a place I hope to visit again as soon as I can.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo