“Outstanding”

3 On Camps Bay Boutique Hotel
Ranked #3 of 54 Camps Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 14, 2011

I have stayed at many different hotels and guest houses and was taken back by the luxury and class of 27 on first. The service was outstanding and the rooms had everything we needed to make our stay comfortable. The biggest bonus was the excellent wifi capability throughout the lodge. I have always battled working on hotel or other guesthouse wifi's because they are incredibly slow, but at 27 on first it was as if i was the only person on the wifi at any given time. The lodge was is ideally situated in Campsbay and has magnificent views of both table mountain and the ocean.

Room Tip: Ask for seaview or mountanview depending on you
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 3, 2011

This boutique hotel definitely lived up to expectations. Our room was delightful with fantastic views of table mountain and the twelve apostles. There was a fridge and tea and coffee making facilities. The bathroom was well appointed and the beds comfy with luxury bed linen. The breakfasts were excellent and the staff went out of their way to help. I would certainly stay there again - Maria and George have done a great job!!

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed March 29, 2011

I had initially only planned to stay for 3 nights at 3 On Camps Bay but was so impressed with the cleanliness, location, helpfulness of the owners and staff that I decided to return there after my visit to the Vinelands. The location was ideal, 5 minute walk to the main street in Camps Bay. George and Maria, the owners, went out of their way to help me.. I forgot my adapter plug & George went out and bought me one to borrow. They helped me organise day trips and car hire as well as giving me advice on where to go, what to see and what to do. I felt 100% safe there. The beds and linen were top quality enabling me to have great nights sleep each night. If I return to Cape Town again, I know where I'll be staying. Will recommend to friends.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 25, 2011

What a great place! From the luxurious decor in our room, to the private patio and pool; the immaculate linen and the friendly and attentive service from the owners, I couldn't fault it. Breakfast deserves a mention and the staff were very friendly.
We were attending a wedding and I was thrilled with the very good professional hairdresser on the premises... although I recommend you make reservations for a beautician before your arrival.
The location was perfect for beach and trendy restaurants.. but we needed to take taxis to the Waterfront and centre of Cape Town. I can highly recommend this place

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2011

clean and comfortable but our bedroom and bathroom were small. we stayed five nights and found the breakfast very hit and miss, the first morning i ordered bacon and tomato and got one rasher and three very thin cold slices of tomato. we had similar experiences on subsequent days. location is good close to shops and restaurants but up a very steep hill. we got the impression it had failed to be the high quality boutique hotel it was trying to be

1  Thank david s
Reviewed March 18, 2011

The views were stunning, the property beautiful and the staff was wonderful during our stay. The property was close to restaurants, beaches and shopping, but was also quiet and private. The staff helped us organize sightseeing tours and made our stay very enjoyable. We were sad to leave and would definitely stay again.

Reviewed March 8, 2011

This is a great place to stay, it is reasonably priced and in a fab location just a 5 minute walk down the hill to camps bay.
The views from the comunal balcony and plunge pool area are fabulous and this is a chilled out and beautiful spot to watch the sunset from.
To call this place a 'boutique hotel and spa' would seem to be somewhat of an exageration, I would suggest it is more of an upmarket b and b as it does not have all the facilities you would expect of a hotel. There was nobody on reception or even around after 6pm or at all on Sunday! I didnt see any evidence of the 'spa' but there were some leaflets in the room which advertised a beauty salon about 5 minutes up the road! This does however have the plus side that you are more or less left to your own devices and lots of peace and quiet!
The breakfast which was included in the price was fine, fresh fruit, cereals and eggs and bacon etc, all served with a smile in a big dinning room with the front all opened up to the sea views.
The rooms were very clean and comfortable, we had one of the smaller rooms at the back and it still had a decent sized but private balcony with table and chairs and sunshine for the majority of the day!
All of the staff were extremely friendly and accomodating, letting us check in a little early and having no problems when we needed a very late check out the last day.
All in all we had a great relaxing stay here and would definitely return.